Author Topic: Joseph and Thomas Love, were they brothers?  (Read 9240 times)

Offline solidrock

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph and Thomas Love, were they brothers?
« Reply #135 on: Tuesday 06 November 18 23:41 GMT (UK) »
Thank you majm for the info on Reply #131, thats my contact, I should have looked before as well. Just received this from her but getting info is a bit like pulling teeth,(hope she's not reading this).

"Joseph Love m Mary Ann Norman 9/11/1857 EbenezerChurch, Little Mapestead, Essex, England.Father John Love - Grocer, Father John Norman - Brewer / owner of a pub in Essex. Joseph 40 yrs, Mary Ann 19 yrs. Joseph Love - Saddler."

EbenezerChurch is a worry as I can't find one ever being in Little Mapestead unless it was an un documented non conformist, the church there is St John the Baptist. I have asked for a copy of the original, still waiting.

Added.  It could be Little Maplestead Congregational Church.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: Wednesday 07 November 18 01:30 GMT (UK) »
Thank you majm for the info on Reply #131, thats my contact, I should have looked before as well. ......

Don't worry ... I think we are all keen to help each other.  So, may I share, as gently as possible, but with concerns for the initial shared info passed to you, solidrock...

You see,  you and I are both concerned about submitted trees ... 
With this now long thread, I continue to be concerned,  ... about the info you have received, and its similar to errr ... submitted trees at Ancestry which display the tree member’s name.   It is possible it may be one that your contact has relied on.

This is a summary for the husband of Mary Ann NORMAN

1818 Birth Joseph William LOVE Londonderrry Northern Island,  10 sources
1817 Burial 14 September 1817, Northampton, St Sepulchre, Northamptonshire, England 1 source
1836 Residence 28 June 1836 Essex England Age 24 2 sources
1836 Arrival 1836 Tasmania 2 source
1851 Residence Halstead Essex England 1 source
1857 Marriage Oct 1857  Essex  2 sources
1857 Marriage 1857 Halstead, Essex, England  Mary Anne Norman  (1841- )
1869 Death of Father John Love (1790-1869), Victoria
1869 Death of Half-brother Thomas Love (1817-1869) Victoria, Australia
1871 Residence, St Giles Essex England, aged 58, Relation Head, 2 sources
1881 Residence 1881 Peterborough Northamptonshire England, 1 source
1883 Death March 1883 Peterborough Northamptonshire England age at death 85 2 sources
Residence Australia 3 sources.

The tree owner :  Member (of Ancestry) since 17 Mar 2012.   Last signed in ‘Over a year ago’   I am choosing NOT to type up their ancestry member’s name. 

The tree also has Thos. Augustus LOVE and err ...  born in 1895

JM 
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline solidrock

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: Wednesday 07 November 18 01:48 GMT (UK) »
Thanks majm, I'm inclined to agree with you and maybe it's time to end this thread. Thank you everyone for your time.