Author Topic: Jervis of Countesthorpe  (Read 552 times)

Offline Taylor94

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My grt grt grandfather, after capture WW1
    • View Profile
Jervis of Countesthorpe
« on: Friday 02 November 18 15:43 GMT (UK) »
Hello bit of a confusing one
Just trying to straighten out my Jervis line but lack of baptisms/Burials are confusing me.
This is what I have so far -
Elizabeth Jervis marries John Hubbard 1 Dec 1776 Countesthorpe.
Elizabeth dies 1826 and gives a birthdate of 1751.
There is an Elizabeth Jervis bapt 1751 Gilmorton dau of Zachary Jervis and Ann but she dies in 1753.
They then baptise another Elizabeth 1756 Gilmorton. This must be my Elizabeth as Gilmorton isn't too far from Countesthorpe and Zachary and Ann move to Countesthorpe were they later die.

Elizabeth's parents -
Zachary Jervis marries Ann Dawson 26 Dec 1748 Saddington by License.
Zach is a Stockinger and of Gilmorton and has a birthdate of c1727.
One of the witnesses is a Robert Jervis of Lutterworth, Yeoman.
Zachary I think dies 1768 Countesthorpe.
I cant find a baptism anywhere for Zachary but a Zachary Jervis dies in Countesthorpe 1743 and mentions a Homestead and Son Zachary in his Will, Which must be my Zachary but this is where confusion happens.
There are multiple marriages between 1692 and 1724 for Zach Jervis's but no baptisms except a Zach bapt 1671 Ashby Magna son of Thomas and Elizabeth.

A Zachary Jervis marries Joan Smith 1692 Tugby. They go onto baptise in Wigston and Countesthorpe and have a son called Robert. (A son Robert is mentioned in the Will of Zach 1743)
Joan Dies 1703 Countesthorpe listed as 'Jane Jervis wife of Zakias'
Then a Zachary marries Ann Noone 1703 Countesthorpe. This Ann dies 1724 Countesthorpe.
I cant see any baptisms for a Zach and Ann.
A Zach Jervis then marries Elizabeth Iliff 1723 by license. Zach is listed as a Widower and of Countesthorpe. Elizabeth is a Widower of Shensby. 2 other locations of Shensby/Shearsby? and Blaby are listed. A John/Johem Jervis is a Witness.

A Zach Jervis marries an Elizabeth Tallis 1719 Gilmorton. I assume the father of Zach born c1727 who is my Zach?

Then a Zach Jervis marries an Elizabeth Whitton/Whittom 1724 Leicester???? Is this Elizabeth's maiden name?

So Is Zach Sr born 1671 married Joan 1692 then married Ann 1703 then his son Zach marries Elizabeth Tallis 1719 then Elizabeth Illif 1724 and dies 1743?
I cant make it out as Zach who dies 1743 lists a wife Elizabeth and sons ZACH, ROBERT and then a son/daughter called Brian??? but lack of records and abundance of marriages is making it hard to figure out.
Is there 2 Zachs or 3 Zachs?
There is only 2 burials for a Zach Jervis and no baptisms after 1671.

Which is the father of Zach c1727 who marries Ann Dawson and is living at Countesthorpe and Gilmorton and dies 1768??  ??? ???

Hopefully someone can make sense out of this line because I cant.

Richard Dudley of Cosby. Gent
George Bent of Cosby. Gent
William Black of Kilby. Gent
Bernard Cotton of Dadlington. Esq
Sir Thomas Halford of Wistow. Bart
Richard Swynfen of Sutton Cheney. Gent
John Cotes of Aylestone. Gent
John Freeston of East Norton. Gent
Sir John Bernard of Abington.
Edward Shuckburgh of Naseby. Esq
Richard Worsley of Deeping. Esq
Thomas Hobson of Glen. Gent
John Grant of Stretton Parva. Gent
John Miles of Heanley Hall. Gent
Thomas Dabridgecourt. Esq
Sir Clement Edmondes

Offline Paco

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Jervis of Countesthorpe
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 03 November 18 15:22 GMT (UK) »
There is a tree online (to be checked of course) that has the same date of marriage that you give for Elizabeth and John Hubbard-1/12/1776 Countesthorpe. However it has Elizabeth's D.O.B. as 4/10/1756. Leicestershire.
Regards.
Essex/Dorset/Berks