Author Topic: William Taplin  (Read 346 times)

Offline poirot

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: William Taplin
« Reply #9 on: Friday 02 November 18 20:44 GMT (UK) »
He was invalided back to England as he was no longer fit for duty. It would appear that he was returned to the army barracks in Woolwich which is where he deserted from. He may has been suffering from shell shock and it was not a cowardly action.

Poirot
brown,henshaw in cheshire,berry,dowding,phillips in gloucester, littlejohn,arkle,nicol in aberdeenshire.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 02 November 18 20:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi again, I fully realise that as a possibily, but to prove "Shell Shock"?

Are you sure that Frances Revill was born Exeter or just a Domestic Servant there in 1911 born Sheffield?
Keyboard86

PS Frances was a Widow in 1939 with the children already described in Cheshire, plus a possible male birth 1919 Marylebone shown as a Closed Record.
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline poirot

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 02 November 18 21:07 GMT (UK) »
Yes you are correct. She was born in Sheffield as was her father. It was her mother who was born in Exeter.

Poirot
brown,henshaw in cheshire,berry,dowding,phillips in gloucester, littlejohn,arkle,nicol in aberdeenshire.

Online keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 02 November 18 21:12 GMT (UK) »
OK you would have to bite the bullet, he from your findings alters his year of birth year on year, but the only one that gets close to a Widowed wife in 1939 is the one shown?
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline poirot

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 02 November 18 21:38 GMT (UK) »
I think I will take a risk and apply to the GRO for a PDF of the original.

Thank you so much for your help and I will post the outcome.

Cheers,

Poirot