Author Topic: 14th Service Battalion Royal Welsh Fusiliers -Llandudno 1914 - 1915  (Read 207 times)

Offline liver007

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
14th Service Battalion Royal Welsh Fusiliers -Llandudno 1914 - 1915
« on: Saturday 03 November 18 13:42 GMT (UK) »
HELP ! I am researching a family member who served with the 14th Service Battalion Royal Welsh Fusiliers. I have read the Regiments war diary but cannot find Any information on where the Regiment formed up in Llandudno is camp/Barracks etc.  Why did he and others who volunteered in the mine villages in Glamorgan ended up in Llandudno? I have lots of details of the Regiment in Winchester and France but no details of how long, what they did, where were they billeted in Llandudno.  I suspect when enough men joined the Regiment they moved by train to Winchester for further training. I know there is much in my post but if even if just a tiny amount of detail can be gathered on the site I would be happy.  Regards Keith Hearn
Ryan - Liverpool
Tierney - Liverpool
Hearn - Suffolk, London, Midlands, West Lancashire. Liverpool.
Woodside - Liverpool, Midlands, Scotland, Wigtown.
Petersen/Peterson - Denmark, Hull, Liverpool
King - Hereford - Pencoyd, Monmouth
Harvey - Liverpool
Gray - Liverpool

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.