Author Topic: Reid family of Wexford  (Read 3734 times)

Offline wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Reid family of Wexford
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 03 November 18 21:26 GMT (UK) »
You need to identify the source of your information.

".....John Reid b c 1864 and William b 1873..."  Where do you see these birth years.

".... Later records show both born in Wexford, son of Patrick..."
What are the later records, and what other information is on these records.

".... They are later found in Liverpool..."   Where and when do you see them in Liverpool.

If you are giving information from census records, can you identify the census?.

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 04 November 18 05:21 GMT (UK) »
Looks like they are the genuine article - good decent Yallabellies.

William Reede, born & baptized Aug 1864, Wexford,
Parents Patrick Reede, Mary Whelan

William Read, 8/8/1864, parents Patrick Read, Mary Whealen,
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1864/03593/2324934.pdf

John Reid, born & baptized Wexford, Sept 1861,
Parents Patrick Reid & Mary Whelan

Lots of siblings.
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline jksdelver

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 04 November 18 06:20 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your reply. I did say ‘crew list’  and ‘service record’ Also the marriage place of both men which gave the father as Patrick.

You need to identify the source of your information.

".....John Reid b c 1864 and William b 1873..."  Where do you see these birth years.

".... Later records show both born in Wexford, son of Patrick..."
What are the later records, and what other information is on these records.

".... They are later found in Liverpool..."   Where and when do you see them in Liverpool.

If you are giving information from census records, can you identify the census?.

Offline jksdelver

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 04 November 18 06:34 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Wexflyer. That’s certainly given me something to work on. William’s date of birth is out from service record but that’s nothing new. Will look for the others and see if I can find Patrick and his family in the census.

Thanks again

Looks like they are the genuine article - good decent Yallabellies.

William Reede, born & baptized Aug 1864, Wexford,
Parents Patrick Reede, Mary Whelan

William Read, 8/8/1864, parents Patrick Read, Mary Whealen,
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1864/03593/2324934.pdf

John Reid, born & baptized Wexford, Sept 1861,
Parents Patrick Reid & Mary Whelan

Lots of siblings.

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 04 November 18 07:53 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Wexflyer. That’s certainly given me something to work on. William’s date of birth is out from service record but that’s nothing new. Will look for the others and see if I can find Patrick and his family in the census.

Thanks again

Patrick didn't make it to 1901. Died 1885.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1885/06267/4795366.pdf

BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline jksdelver

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 04 November 18 08:28 GMT (UK) »
Great stuff Wexfler thanks a bunch.

Thanks again

Patrick don't make it to 1901. Died 1885.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1885/06267/4795366.pdf