Author Topic: William Ewart Stanley ROBERTS, medal roll help please  (Read 288 times)

Offline FionaO

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Ewart Stanley ROBERTS, medal roll help please
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 04 November 18 14:01 GMT (UK) »
More thanks indeed, I was asked to look into this person's military history though it's always useful to add flesh to the bones.
FionaO
Turner, Smith, Gibson, Harrison, Young, Boucher, Howells

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 04 November 18 14:13 GMT (UK) »
EDIT - in 1911 Annie is 40??

In 1904 - Annie Roberts married Kristian Eilertsen in South Shields.  Suspect he may have also been a seaman

Deaths December qtr 1917
Eilertsen    Annie    47    S. Shields    10a   838
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline MaxD

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 04 November 18 15:16 GMT (UK) »
You will have noted that his discharge number was actually 858940.  There is a CR2 for him also.
You can now use the official ships' numbers on the back of his CR10 on http://www.crewlist.org.uk/#top to identify his ships.

There is more to be found but I am at the limit of my alleged expertise here, member Seaweed is the absolute whizzz at this subject.

MaxD
Double  Essex/Suffolk
Randle/Millington Warwicks
Sokser/Klingler Austria/Croatia