Author Topic: Peter Cameron  (Read 1128 times)

Offline Adelaide Hills

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Peter Cameron
« on: Monday 05 November 18 01:41 GMT (UK) »
Hello, Well if any one can help please, Peter CAMERON born  in Inverness shire Scotland
Married Elizabeth Minard Adelaide. His Father was Peter Cameron his wife Mary MCCIllivray. They left Scotland on the Omega arrived in Adelaide 1852.( They left young Peter behind) His Parents  I think were Alexander Cameron
Mother was Jane nee Grant. Would  like to know more about  their family history and place they may have married as I hope to travel there next year Cheers Gail

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
Re: Peter Cameron
« Reply #1 on: Monday 05 November 18 01:45 GMT (UK) »
His birth:

CAMERON PETER ALEXANDER CAMERON/JANE GRANT 24-8-1822 157/ 20 17 Inveravon

His marriage:

CAMERON PETER MARY MACGILLIVRAY/ 5/9/1845 098/ 140 236 Inverness

Jamjar

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 05 November 18 01:49 GMT (UK) »
I see three children born to Peter Cameron his wife Mary MacGillivray in SA, John, Catherine and Simon.

What were the names of children born to them in Scotland?

Do you have them on the 1851 census?

Jamjar

Added, Scotland births:
CAMERON Peter PETER CAMERON/MARY MCGILLIVRAY 3-11-1845 098/130 118 Inverness
CAMERON Mary PETER CAMERON/MARY MCGILLIVRAY 27/09/1847 098/ 130 158 Inverness
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 05 November 18 02:09 GMT (UK) »
Gail, your post doesn’t make sense.

If Peter Jnr married in SA, how was he left behind?

Here is your post from the other board:

Hello  Back again Have been having a great time "chasing" the Family. The new branch is the CANERON Clan. Peter CAMERON born Inverness Scotland, wife Mary Mc Gillivary married 1845 Inverness came out to south Australia  on the ship Omega1852.
I would like to find out about Peter's  parents where they were born and was he born there also, I hope to travel there next year, so thought there might be a church or information what I could go and see. Thank you for your time Cheers Gail

I took this to mean that you are looking for information on the Peter who married MacGillivray, not Peter the child of them.

And:

Hello you are right got my "M"&"N" mixed up his Dad was Alexander and Mum was Janet nee Grant, May I ask what is the best way to get to the Scotland board. thank you for replying

Now you say you think these are his parents.

Jamjar

Offline Adelaide Hills

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 05 November 18 02:18 GMT (UK) »
HI, well I  have Peter Cameron born 13 October 1845, John 1853 and Catherine 1855 Simon 1857. the story is that  they could only take 3 children with them and left Peter with other family. The other kids are Mary 1848, George 1850, and  Margret 1852 who died on the ship . This is interesting
As Peter Cameron that was left behind arrived in Adelaide 1883 on the Arthurstone  Ship
 the story unfolds as Peter was born 1845-10-13 parents married 5-09-1845.Father Peter born (1821)is the one I am trying to find out about, just giving you all the information I have if it help
Cheers Gail