Author Topic: RIP Frank  (Read 573 times)

Offline bikermickau

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
RIP Frank
« on: Tuesday 06 November 18 00:28 GMT (UK) »
Several years ago a man living in Readings contacted my wife as he was looking for her mother whom he was engaged to at one time.
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=728099.msg5726569#msg5726569

We did meet him twice when we were in the UK just over 2 years ago and had kept in contact with him via Ph or FB, several months ago he took ill and kept in contact with my wife on a weekly basic, At the same time some distance cousins of his found him and were visiting him at the hospice he was at.
We and the cousins last had contact with him around the middle of Sept due to his daughter deciding noone was to see or contact him as she stated he was too ill. She had assured us she would keep us informed.
Last night, after some detective work by his cousins, we found out he had died 4 Oct and was cremated 1 Nov.
We haven't heard from his daughter. My wife did have a missed call from his Ph 1st Oct.

We will miss him.
Jeffs - Northamptonshire to Leicestershire to Queensland, Australia
Lewis - Wales to Gloucestershire to NSW & Queensland, Australia
Iddols & Baylis - Gloucestershire
Mary Jones, daughter of James Jones and Eliza - born abt 1864 Staffordshire, died 1948 Queensland, Australia
Dorans - Ireland to Scotland to Queensland, Australia
Ralph - Ireland to Scotland to Queensland, Australia
Jillett - Robert, Transported Convict from Surrey
Christison - Edinburgh,Scotland
Cameron - Edinburgh, Scotland

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: RIP Frank
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 06 November 18 18:12 GMT (UK) »
What a shame,I wonder if his daughter decided he was not well enough to conduct his own affairs and made sure he looked after his immediate family first.
That would be quite natural really.
But it does seem sad after he had made contact with you that you could not pay your respects in one way or another.

Were you aware he had a daughter when you were in contact with him?
Perhaps you will hear more about it all from the person who informed you of his death.
You could send your condolences if you have an address.
Viktoria.