Author Topic: Catherine Lamont Robertson  (Read 1256 times)

Offline colcal

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Catherine Lamont Robertson
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 06 November 18 22:02 GMT (UK) »
Thank you all for your replies. As yet i have not found a connection with the name Lamont in the family tree but i have only just discovered this new branch of the family so hopefully something might turn up.
If i could pick all your wonderful brains further, I have received Poor law records of Catherine Lamont Robertsons mother, Alice nee Prior. She had about twelve children, eight had died and was in and out of Barnhill poor house thirty times, apparently many times drunk. There are many pages with dates she turned up at a night shelter, can anyone tell me where these night shelters were and were they run by the Church.
Regards Colcal

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: Catherine Lamont Robertson
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 06 November 18 22:20 GMT (UK) »
"There are many pages with dates she turned up at a night shelter, can anyone tell me where these night shelters were and were they run by the Church"

It may help to add address of shelter (if known)/area & dates for further help from people with more local knowledge?

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"