Author Topic: Preece to Robson marriage Sunderland help  (Read 1747 times)

Offline Patches

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Preece to Robson marriage Sunderland help
« on: Tuesday 06 November 18 18:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Hoping someone might have access to Parish Registers and could look at the marriage in the newspaper clipping, i'm hoping for fathers names or witness names, Sunderland is a new area for me so I'm lost.
My main aim is to track down Jane's parents but there are several possible families around that time.
Thank you in advance for any help

ps poss link Bishopwearmouth
Kent - Jones, Wigley, Rigden, Philpott, Perry, Irwin, Booker, Durling, Saker, Venner, Nutting, Giles, McNalty, Burley, Crowhurst, Ford & Roots,
Sussex - Badcock,  Barden, Barham, Bridger, Carey, Courthope, Crampton, Ford, Wright, Dadswell, Okill, Elliott, Hepden, Jarrett, Foster, Marchant, Selmes and Warnett
Fife/Mayo - McNalty
Bucks - Folley & Spufford

Offline Cas (stallc)

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Preece to Robson marriage Sunderland help
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 06 November 18 19:45 GMT (UK) »
Don't know if this will help..

A My heritage tree has Jane DOB as 8 Oct 1838, has her marriage to Charles in 1859 used Google.

GRO has the above Jane with mmn Hall.

There is a John (Master Mariner) with wife Jane, daughter Jane In 1851 Sunderland that would fit.

Ancestry tree has the marriage cert in 1835 for parents. John Robson - Jane Hall

1859 Marriage details would confirm or not.

Cas

Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Squire/Thomas/Davies/Gibbons/Mordecai/Bowen/Lewis/Rees/Williams/Jones/Llewellyn/Morgan - Glamorgan
Lewis - Breckonshire
Davies/Roderick - Myddfai Carms
Lloyd/Jones - Denbigh/Salop
Thackwell/Thomas - Hereford/Monmouthshire
Shoemac/Squire/Keirle/Small - Somerset
Berry/Baggot/Lee/Clayton - Lancs
Yelland/Bray/Trethewey - Cornwall
Baggot/Hurley/Keaveny/Shiel/Flynn - Ireland

Offline Patches

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 06 November 18 20:27 GMT (UK) »
This is what I was thinking, the John and Jane Hall scenario, I just need to make the link to them through either Jane Robson's birth or marriage.

I have seen Audrey Bagley's tree, the one you mention, which would be great if my Jane is her Jane.  There are two Ancestry trees that have her, one with father Thomas the other with someone else neither with any birth records.  I need to see proof lol

I was hoping someone might have access to parish records on cd or some such thing for the area.

I have grilled Ancestry, Findmypast and everysite I know without success but I guess I'm going to have to order the certificate. 

Thanks for you thoughts
Kent - Jones, Wigley, Rigden, Philpott, Perry, Irwin, Booker, Durling, Saker, Venner, Nutting, Giles, McNalty, Burley, Crowhurst, Ford & Roots,
Sussex - Badcock,  Barden, Barham, Bridger, Carey, Courthope, Crampton, Ford, Wright, Dadswell, Okill, Elliott, Hepden, Jarrett, Foster, Marchant, Selmes and Warnett
Fife/Mayo - McNalty

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 07 November 18 07:01 GMT (UK) »
If you can wait up to a few weeks, I will fit in a trip to Tyne and Wear Archives to look up this marriage.

I wonder if Sunderland Church would have been classed as St Michael or St Peter?

Fitting in with my work hours I think I might realistically be able to do this look up at some point within four weeks if you don't mind a little wait?

Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Patches

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 07 November 18 17:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I am more than happy to wait.  I have no idea about which church, the 1961 census has the couple living in Bishopwearmouth, Charles was a Mariner from Bridgwater, Somerset (his father I believe is also Charles a Carpenter).  Jane Robson was born in Sunderland.   Her possible fathers are John, also a Mariner but could be Thomas or Robert, all three are on the 1951 census with a daughter Jane Robson born 1838.  Not much to go on :(
Thank you so much for your kindness
Dee
Fife/Mayo - McNalty

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 09 November 18 10:48 GMT (UK) »

I wonder if Sunderland Church would have been classed as St Michael or St Peter?

Holy Trinity?

Boo

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 09 November 18 10:51 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, Boo!  I am guessing you will know more about this than I do.  When I do get to the archives again I will try Holy Trinity first when trying to find this marriage. :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 09 November 18 11:21 GMT (UK) »
https://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/DUR/Sunderland

Genuki is always a good source of info. That says that the Parish Church of Sunderland was dedicated to  Holy Trinity, I am presuming that when the newspaper says Sunderland Church its referring to the Parish Church. So I do think Holy Trinity is a good place to start looking. If its not there, then its anyone's guess.

Boo

Offline Patches

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 09 November 18 15:59 GMT (UK) »
Thank you both for helping  :)
Fife/Mayo - McNalty