Author Topic: Who was John Evans Wyllie's second wife?  (Read 1423 times)

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: Who was John Evans Wyllie's second wife?
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 07 November 18 14:24 GMT (UK) »
Yes, that's it. He is indexed as John Emma Wyllie on the site I'm using, but the original is quite clear.

Actually, of the 30 or so people at that address in 1891, only a very few have been correctly transcribed and indexed, and some of the transcriptions are quite incredible, because the original is quite clear in all but about two surnames.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 07 November 18 16:52 GMT (UK) »
I've had a good look at the censuses, etc. and have come to the conclusion that they might not have been married. Eunice was entered as his wife for propriety, etc. reasons.

What do you think?

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 07 November 18 17:21 GMT (UK) »
I've had a good look at the censuses, etc. and have come to the conclusion that they might not have been married. Eunice was entered as his wife for propriety, etc. reasons.
What do you think?
The same thought has crossed my mind.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Online osprey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 07 November 18 20:26 GMT (UK) »
just to her eliminate her, there's a Eunice Lewis aged 29 in Mill St, Abergavenny in 1881 with 4 children RG11/5235 folio 62 pg 14. She's in Swansea in later years with a more accurate age and different place of birth. She was my great grandfather's sister!
Cornwall: Allen, Bevan, Bosisto, Carnpezzack, Donithorn, Huddy, James, Retallack, Russell, Vincent, Yeoman
Cards: Thomas (Llanbadarn Fawr)
Glam: Bowler, Cram, Galloway, James, Thomas, Watkins
Lincs: Coupland, Cram
Mon: Cram, Gwyn, John, Philpot, Smart, Watkins
Pembs: Edwards (St. Dogmael's)
Yorks: Airey, Bowler, Elliott, Hare, Hewitt, Kellett, Kemp, Stephenson, Tebb

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 07 November 18 22:40 GMT (UK) »
Thank you. very useful :)