Author Topic: Looking for details on Edith Sexton in New Zealand  (Read 1882 times)

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for details on Edith Sexton in New Zealand
« Reply #27 on: Monday 29 August 22 23:08 BST (UK) »
Hi COLLINMKING

The National Library of New Zealand [ Natlib ] should be able to assist you in sourcing a copy of the Death notice for Stewart Thomas THOMSON.

You'll need to give them the following details >

THOMSON - Stewart Thomas

Died at Wellington on Sunday, 18 September 2009  :

Death/Funeral Notice :   Published in "Dominion Post" (Wellington)

Here is the link to Natlib  >    https://natlib.govt.nz/
>  go to top right-hand of page  > use the "ask a librarian" facility.

~  Lu
                                                                     >  see next   >

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 29 August 22 23:32 BST (UK) »
For COLLINMKING

https://ndhadeliver.natlib.govt.nz/delivery/DeliveryManagerServlet?dps_pid=IE63971223

The ^ above link will take you to the Probate file for Alfred William PRICKETT who was the father-in-law of Edith's son, Stewart Thomas THOMSON.

His Will can be found on the last page of the file and of interest is the reference to "my son-in-law Stewart THOMSON" whereby it states (paragraph 3) ..."that any benefit taken by my said son-in-law under this my will, shall be applied for the benefit of his children".

"... his children"  suggests that Stewart had a family with wife Mary Alice (nee PRICKETT).
[ Sadly, Mary Alice THOMSON had died on 26 January 1963 and Alfred PRICKETT's Will was not drawn up until May of 1963, hence the reason she is not named in it. ]

I know that earlier here, mckha had searched electoral rolls for Stewart T. THOMSON and I'd also had a look to see if there may have been children living with their father ... but alas, no ... nothing found.   Hopefully though, if you contact the National Library of NZ they may be able to locate the death notice for Stewart THOMPSON.

~  Lu

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 30 August 22 00:01 BST (UK) »
For COLINMKING   >  >     ...    *    updated information    *

I didn't really look too hard earlier on although I'd seen that there were "Private trees" noted on the ancestry.com site for both Mary Alice PRICKETT and one of her sisters, Freda Jean PRICKETT.

Have now noticed that there are a number of "public trees"  also for same (viewable with  ancestry subscription or via access at a puiblic library) :

So, if you can access the ancestry.com website you might like to try contacting the "tree owners" ?
[One of the children of Stewart and Mary Alice is fairly recently deceased - I'd rather not though publish the name in this thread ... can send it to you via PM if you wish. ]

~  Lu

Offline COLINMKING

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 30 August 22 13:28 BST (UK) »
I need to say the biggest Thank You ever for all the info forwarded to me. Edith Sexton was a Great Aunt of mine and an Aunt to my Grand parents 14 (yes 14) children,s. So you can imagine how big our family tree is. Now well over 2500 entries back to 1525. If anybody is related to Edith's family in New Zealand please get in touch as my knowledge of the Sexton Family goes back several  .

Any more news would be fantastic as two of my Uncles (both in their 90's are still alive and have fond memories of their Aunt Edith. And Cousin Stewart who visited their home in Colchester England in WW2.

Once again Thank You   Colin King