Author Topic: Finding Sarah Baxter's birth Leeds or Bradford  (Read 502 times)

Offline Beavances

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Finding Sarah Baxter's birth Leeds or Bradford
« on: Wednesday 07 November 18 18:46 GMT (UK) »

Can anyone find the baptism for Sarah Baxter born about 1826? Probably in Leeds. Her parents are Mary and Joseph Baxter.

By 1841 Sarah living in Bradford with mother and brothers Christopher b1818 and William b1820.
Their mother who is now called Mary Dunn had remarried in 1828 and had two younger children ( George and Mary)

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Finding Sarah Baxter's birth Leeds or Bradford
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 07 November 18 19:04 GMT (UK) »
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline Beavances

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Finding Sarah Baxter's birth Leeds or Bradford
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 07 November 18 19:23 GMT (UK) »
I hadn't looked on there - so thank you. I spent ages today trying to 'tidy up' this family that I think I have got totally stuck in Ancestry and you are right I should remember to check other records!

My query was because the only one I could find showed a baptism for a Sarah Baxter in the right sort of place as older children of the marriage who had been baptised ( around The Calls in Leeds) with a date (1826) which tied in with her being 15 in the 1841 census, the father is Joseph ( which is what I was expecting) but the mother is Ann - not what I was expecting. I suppose that record could be a mistake as it is in the handwritten Baptism record books.