Author Topic: Stuck on searching for Child history - James Jupp  (Read 1712 times)

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck on searching for Child history - James Jupp
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 08 November 18 16:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi so you have Harriet in 1881/1891 as aged 33 b Hunston General Servant, in Brighton, and 42 occ Ladys Maid in Hanover Square.
Census refs RG11/1076/98/11 and RG12/73/77/33 ( as Japp )
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 08 November 18 18:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi
If you can confirm the whereabouts of your James Jupp, born 1863, in the later census years it would help.
Is he the sawyer in Kent?
There are two Harriett Jupps connected to Hunston. We need to make sure we have the right one!
John

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 08 November 18 21:46 GMT (UK) »
I find myself agreeing with everyone else suggestions here and I think a) you have identified the wrong Harriett and b) there was no James Jupp born in Horsham, only the one baptised at Hunston.

Later census states James born Mundham, or North Mundham and this is an adjacent parish to Hunston and he must indeed be the one baptised 30/8/1863 Hunston, son of Harriet.

I believe this Harriet Jupp is the one who married James Harmer 23/1/1864 Hunston.   He was a Sawyer, son of James Harmer, Sawyer and Harriet Jupp dau. of William Jupp, Labourer.

I cannot at present find the Harmers in 1871 but an Isabella Harmer, mmn Jupp, was born June qtr.1868 Maidstone so family could be in Kent by then.

James Jupp married Mary Jane Butcher 6/10/1884 Ashford - I only have access to a transcription which doesn't show fathers names unfortunately, nor who the witnesses were.

There is at least one tree on Ancestry that seems to support the above findings.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk