Author Topic: Thomas Herbert Rice  (Read 2870 times)

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Herbert Rice
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 28 November 18 17:26 GMT (UK) »
I find it hard to imagine William going all that way without a good reason for doing so. If he stayed with a Rice family, I suspect there is some possibility they were related. But finding them will probably be another needle in a haystack hunt.

Have you tried looking for a newspaper obit in the area of death or tried to contact the cemetery for any other info they may hold? Perhaps info about anyone in the same grave or cemetery?

Grasping at straws here but one never knows what might turn up.

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline ScouseRicey

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 28 November 18 17:40 GMT (UK) »
I find it hard to imagine William going all that way without a good reason for doing so. If he stayed with a Rice family, I suspect there is some possibility they were related. But finding them will probably be another needle in a haystack hunt.

Have you tried looking for a newspaper obit in the area of death or tried to contact the cemetery for any other info they may hold? Perhaps info about anyone in the same grave or cemetery?

Grasping at straws here but one never knows what might turn up.

PB

Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Colin

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 28 November 18 18:07 GMT (UK) »
You're welcome  :)

Looking sideways.....

Do you know if any other family members may have gone to America? Cousin to Thomas? Another Rice rellie?

Grasping at more straws.

I'm not sure when the 1950 US census is to be released but I think relatively soon. It may help.

Also, I haven't gone back through to look again but did the grave record have a date or just year? The cemetery might be of help with an actual date if not.

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline ScouseRicey

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 28 November 18 18:18 GMT (UK) »
You're welcome  :)

Looking sideways.....

Do you know if any other family members may have gone to America? Cousin to Thomas? Another Rice rellie?

Grasping at more straws.

I'm not sure when the 1950 US census is to be released but I think relatively soon. It may help.

Also, I haven't gone back through to look again but did the grave record have a date or just year? The cemetery might be of help with an actual date if not.

PB

Not that I know of. I'll look into the 1950 census. It just had the date, but maybe a different person.  I may well email the cemetery.

Many thanks, again.

Colin

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 28 November 18 18:25 GMT (UK) »

72 year rule - I think 1950 census will be due for release in April 1922 -

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ScouseRicey

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 28 November 18 18:27 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, Sandra

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 28 November 18 19:25 GMT (UK) »
Having done some more poking around....

Unfortunately, I think I have to agree with *Sandra*'s findings on your most recent thread. It looks like "Chelsea" Thomas was born in Ohio, had a wife Emma, etc.

All the same, I think I would still contact the cemetery in Chelsea.

PB

Offline ScouseRicey

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 28 November 18 19:44 GMT (UK) »
Having done some more poking around....

Unfortunately, I think I have to agree with *Sandra*'s findings on your most recent thread. It looks like "Chelsea" Thomas was born in Ohio, had a wife Emma, etc.

All the same, I think I would still contact the cemetery in Chelsea.

PB

I agree with you, but he must be somewhere, and the name and location add up.  :)

Many thanks for your time.

Colin

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 28 November 18 20:11 GMT (UK) »

WW1 Draft - Tom Hubert Rice born 22 March 1876 - Rogers County Oklahoma. Native Born.

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:KZDT-D23

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33SQ-GYTH-NQN?i=1616&cc=1968530

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk