Author Topic: Thomas Herbert Rice  (Read 2867 times)

Offline ScouseRicey

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Herbert Rice
« Reply #9 on: Friday 09 November 18 14:52 GMT (UK) »
From ancestry.co.uk......but it says nothing about Oklahoma?

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 09 November 18 15:00 GMT (UK) »

Very strange... I can't attach a copy here but if you look on this link - you will see what info it gives

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=803353.new#new

Sandra

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline ScouseRicey

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 09 November 18 15:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sandra,

I was trying to upload a copy of it, but then realised that it doesn't allow me to. That is very useful that Oklahoma information. Thank-you very much. I have just located both of his daughters who are still alive, and feel a little letter may be in order. Maybe they can remember what their Dad told them about his trip to the States; one would have been about 19 at the time and one about 15.

I always feel uneasy about contacting people, but nothing ventured eh?

Many thanks once again for your time and advice. It is very much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Colin

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 09 November 18 15:27 GMT (UK) »

Very interesting. If you send me a personal message with a few details, more than happy to have a look and see what information there might be.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 09 November 18 15:29 GMT (UK) »

If you go to the little symbol on the right hand side of the ancestry image - it shows print, download, option to rotate etc.,

Sandra

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 09 November 18 17:50 GMT (UK) »
I did find your list under the UK outward passenger lists which ancestry wasn't showing me until I went to the card catalogue and looked it up under UK outward  ::)
Number of times I had 404 file not available cropping up today was crazy.............  :-\

Notice country of intended future residence was USA  ???

8 Patterdale Road. Liverpool was significant - lived there in 1939

Sandra

Offline ScouseRicey

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 09 November 18 20:34 GMT (UK) »
I didn't think he intended to stay there. I think he saw out his days at Patterdale Road, Liverpool.

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 28 November 18 16:43 GMT (UK) »
I noticed in one of your posts that you mentioned William went to the USA after reportedly reading a notice in the Liverpool Echo. I was wondering if you have tried to find said notice? It would surely be a needle in a haystack type of search but might be well worth the hunt.

The national probate callendar indicates William was living at the Patterdale address when he died.

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

Offline ScouseRicey

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 28 November 18 17:01 GMT (UK) »
I noticed in one of your posts that you mentioned William went to the USA after reportedly reading a notice in the Liverpool Echo. I was wondering if you have tried to find said notice? It would surely be a needle in a haystack type of search but might be well worth the hunt.

The national probate callendar indicates William was living at the Patterdale address when he died.

PB

Many thanks for the reply. I've hunted through the 'Newspaper Archives' and can't see it. I wrote to William's daughter, and had a lovely reply today. Unfortunately, she just knows that her father stayed with a family called Rice; she can't recall if they were related or not.

Many thanks, again.

Colin