Author Topic: FindMyPast and sending request to Facebook  (Read 328 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
FindMyPast and sending request to Facebook
« on: Thursday 08 November 18 15:03 GMT (UK) »
I have just been deleting some records from my FindMyPast saved searches. They were taking longer than usual and I happened to look at the message in the bottom left of the screen and before it went to 'Waiting for FindMyPast' and then deleting  a 'Sending request to Facebook' appeared for a few seconds.

Has anyone else noticed this while deleting? Is Facebook taking over everything  ::)

Gadget

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Where did you come from G.Grandad?
    • View Profile
Re: FindMyPast and sending request to Facebook
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 08 November 18 16:02 GMT (UK) »
I've noticed this before, but not with Facebook.  I use Firefox I wonder if it's something similar to the message "Performing a TLS handshake" which is the process your browser performs to create an HTTPS connection.  Maybe FindMyPast are now doing this via Facebook  ???

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.