Author Topic: Warwick records office  (Read 415 times)

Online cath151

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Warwick records office
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 13 November 18 14:38 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Mark for your really useful advice. I was born and lived in Warwick for 33years and am now luckily only an hour away so not too far to travel.
Thanks again
Cathy
Sinnock/Sinnicks...Brighton,Greenwich.
Clements,Coles,Mc Donagh,Rock

Census InformationCrown Copyright from www.national archives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Lemontree

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 26 November 18 19:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Warwick record office does have a camera stand- but not much use with a camera phone tbh.

They do charge a daily rate for a camera permit at around 8 for the day

Many of the maps in the archive have been professionally digitised on cameras which have 3 minute shutter speeds & then the sections digitally stitched together - thus the fantastic clarity that Mark mentions

The office do offer a digital service, though this can be slow, it would produce decent quality photographs for turning into prints.

Hth

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online cath151

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 27 November 18 17:11 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Lemontree, I visited on Monday and you were all correct, the lighting makes it nigh on impossible to take a good photo, not helped that they were nt actual photographs but copies?sandwiched between shiny pieces of paper!
Still they were lovely to see and I will try to get a couple of copies if possible.
Thanks everyone for their help

Cathy :)
Sinnock/Sinnicks...Brighton,Greenwich.
Clements,Coles,Mc Donagh,Rock

Census InformationCrown Copyright from www.national archives.gov.uk