Author Topic: Keappock-Looking for information  (Read 1616 times)

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Keappock-Looking for information
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 11 November 18 20:04 GMT (UK) »
What religion were they? Civil registration of non-Catholic marriages started 1845 but from 1864 for Catholic marriages. If they were Catholic and married in Ireland before 1864 there will not be a civil record of the event and you'd need to see if a church record survives.
Good evening, they were Catholic, where would I search for church records please.

Thanks

Have already posted a link to Knockbride church registers!
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Carybeth

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 11 November 18 23:11 GMT (UK) »
What religion were they? Civil registration of non-Catholic marriages started 1845 but from 1864 for Catholic marriages. If they were Catholic and married in Ireland before 1864 there will not be a civil record of the event and you'd need to see if a church record survives.
Good evening, they were Catholic, where would I search for church records please.

Thanks

Have already posted a link to Knockbride church registers!
I'm struggling to read these registers, is there no way to find entries via surnames?

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 11 November 18 23:43 GMT (UK) »
If you have a sub to Ancestry and/or Find My Past you can use their search, if not you can still use their search but will not be able to see the record or the parish only the county but using the date you can than look at the NLI register to find it.
Be wary of transcription errors.