Author Topic: Silver War Badge for Willliam J Kingston Dorset Yeo. 61262.  (Read 563 times)

Offline private78245

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Silver War Badge for Willliam J Kingston Dorset Yeo. 61262.
« on: Saturday 10 November 18 13:28 GMT (UK) »
Anyone researching William J Kingstone Dorset Yeo 61262.
I have his silver war badge which I would like to return to his family.
Trailor,Traylor.Jones. Morgans. Griffiths, Evans.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: SILVER WAR MEDAL
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 10 November 18 14:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi...Can I suggest that you amend the title of your post (using the modify button) to include his name, that way if anyone googles info for him using that name, they will be brought here.
Great offer and I hope it goes back to his Family.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: SILVER WAR MEDAL
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 10 November 18 14:35 GMT (UK) »
He was awarded the Victory Medal and the British medal. He enlisted on 24-1-16 and discharged on 28-12-1918.  discharge was due to Para 392 (XVIa) KR....Kings Regulation 392 xvi refers to "Surplus to military requirements (having suffered impairment since entry into the service)"

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

Offline private78245

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Silver War Badge for Willliam J Kingston Dorset Yeo. 61262.
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 11 November 18 10:11 GMT (UK) »
many thanks for your help. I had one of my fathers ww1 medals returned to me on this site.
I was hoping that i could do the same.
Trailor,Traylor.Jones. Morgans. Griffiths, Evans.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Silver War Badge for Willliam J Kingston Dorset Yeo. 61262.
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 11 November 18 10:49 GMT (UK) »
I couldn't find a matching tree on Ancestry due to lack of date and place of birth.
You may want to try GenesReunited where you can contact living relatives.
Carol