Author Topic: Royal Spanish Crest of Castile & Leon HELP  (Read 113 times)

Offline KertRB2957

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Royal Spanish Crest of Castile & Leon HELP
« on: Saturday 10 November 18 15:46 GMT (UK) »
Hello everyone and thank you for any help with this in advance!  I have attached a Royal Spanish crest for Castile & Leon.  I am trying to figure out what the 2 dangling ribbons with corresponding medals signifies.  I am also not sure of what year this would have been used.  It did come through descendants of the Vanderbilt family if that helps at all. 

Thank you,
Kert

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Kiltpin

• RootsChat Senior
  • Stand and be Counted
    • View Profile
Re: Royal Spanish Crest of Castile & Leon HELP
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 10 November 18 16:30 GMT (UK) »
The one on the left looks like it could be The Royal Order of Noble Ladies of Queen Maria Luisa.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_Queen_Maria_Luisa

Regards

Chas
Whannell - Eaton - Jackson
India - Scotland - Australia

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline KertRB2957

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 10 November 18 16:54 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Chas!  Do you think it could be from a marriage?  I wonder if it is from the reign of Joseph Bonaparte. 

Thank you again!

Kert

Offline Kiltpin

• RootsChat Senior
  • Stand and be Counted
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 10 November 18 17:30 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Chas!  Do you think it could be from a marriage?  I wonder if it is from the reign of Joseph Bonaparte. 

Thank you again!

Kert

I do not know enough about Spanish heraldry and Monarchy. But I do know this - the crown is the crown of a Duke and not the reigning monarch, so probably the son of the King.

Regards

Chas
Whannell - Eaton - Jackson
India - Scotland - Australia