Author Topic: Andrid phone  (Read 355 times)

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
Andrid phone
« on: Sunday 11 November 18 08:33 GMT (UK) »
I have a really good camera, and a Samsung 10 " tablet, but both are bulky
I am looking for a used  phone with camera and  wifi,  don`t was it as main phone as I don`t use them much. PAYG. So will only probably be using the wifi.
Samsung and Sony are  Android, but are they both similar  to use, I`m used to the tablet  and not very  good with apps , and too much technology. Too complicated  ;)
Any advice please.
Census information is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Re: Andrid phone
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 11 November 18 09:04 GMT (UK) »
You say you are looking for a used phone, so that may limit your choice. You can now get some very good new phones for a reasonable price, that way you could go into the shop and ask for a demonstration. I know people who have Huawei phones and are very happy with them as they have a good camera.  I have an iPhone and love it.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline whiteout7

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 11 November 18 09:48 GMT (UK) »
Huawei (pronounced Waa Way) are very easy to use and you can get them reasonably cheap second hand.
Wemyss/Crombie/Laing/Blyth (West Wemyss)
Givens/Normand (Dysart)
Clark/Lister (Dysart)
Wilkinson/Simson (Kettle or Kettlehill)

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Where did you come from G.Grandad?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 11 November 18 14:05 GMT (UK) »
I don't know how much you want to pay 2nd hand, but I've just bought my husband a NEW Motorola Moto e5 from Giffgaff for 99.  As both us already use giffgaff and my husband had credit that's all we had to pay.  If you don't use giffgaff then you would have to pay an extra 10 (I think) to put credit on the 'phone.  The camera is excellent - if you're technically minded, and I'm not - it has a 13Mp rear camera which benefits from an f/2.0 aperture, phase detection auto-focus and HDR.

If you look on line, you'll find lots of cheap new 'phones with excellent cameras.  I have a Motorola Moto G3 which I've had a couple or so years now. 

If you google 2nd hand phones UK, you'll see a selection of 'phones.  All you'll need to do is look at the spec of every one and decide which you prefer.