Author Topic: Andrid phone  (Read 699 times)

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
Andrid phone
« on: Sunday 11 November 18 08:33 GMT (UK) »
I have a really good camera, and a Samsung 10 " tablet, but both are bulky
I am looking for a used  phone with camera and  wifi,  don`t was it as main phone as I don`t use them much. PAYG. So will only probably be using the wifi.
Samsung and Sony are  Android, but are they both similar  to use, I`m used to the tablet  and not very  good with apps , and too much technology. Too complicated  ;)
Any advice please.
Census information is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Re: Andrid phone
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 11 November 18 09:04 GMT (UK) »
You say you are looking for a used phone, so that may limit your choice. You can now get some very good new phones for a reasonable price, that way you could go into the shop and ask for a demonstration. I know people who have Huawei phones and are very happy with them as they have a good camera.  I have an iPhone and love it.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline whiteout7

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 11 November 18 09:48 GMT (UK) »
Huawei (pronounced Waa Way) are very easy to use and you can get them reasonably cheap second hand.
Wemyss/Crombie/Laing/Blyth (West Wemyss)
Givens/Normand (Dysart)
Clark/Lister (Dysart)
Wilkinson/Simson (Kettle or Kettlehill)

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 11 November 18 14:05 GMT (UK) »
I don't know how much you want to pay 2nd hand, but I've just bought my husband a NEW Motorola Moto e5 from Giffgaff for £99.  As both us already use giffgaff and my husband had credit that's all we had to pay.  If you don't use giffgaff then you would have to pay an extra £10 (I think) to put credit on the 'phone.  The camera is excellent - if you're technically minded, and I'm not - it has a 13Mp rear camera which benefits from an f/2.0 aperture, phase detection auto-focus and HDR.

If you look on line, you'll find lots of cheap new 'phones with excellent cameras.  I have a Motorola Moto G3 which I've had a couple or so years now. 

If you google 2nd hand phones UK, you'll see a selection of 'phones.  All you'll need to do is look at the spec of every one and decide which you prefer.