Author Topic: World War One. Gipsy Roll of Honour.  (Read 21961 times)

Offline panished

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
World War One. Gipsy Roll of Honour.
« on: Monday 12 November 18 21:06 GMT (UK) »
Helo Everyone

In the Dan Boswell Thread I am doing several researchers, I was told I must separate my researchers, one of those researchers is about the Gipsies in the First World War, WW1, so this now is the Roll of Honour Research for all the Gipsies that wore the uniform in the First World War, I make no distinction between people who have more Gipsy relatives than others, if by chance I put a name up of a person that as no Gipsy relatives what so ever then the fault lays with me alone, still at least they will be in good
Company.
In the Dan Boswell Thread where I started the research into the times of the First World War you will find full accounts up over many pages telling of the story surrounding the name of the person I am writing about, now in these posts I will no longer write up the story’s but I will write the name of the newspaper and date so you may research the Archives yourself to read of the times of your relative, I am looking for any information about the people I have researched, like did they manage to stay alive throughout the war, so below I will show you what I mean, I am researching Ambrose Bacon, this below is how I first learned of him, the Bacons I have found I think are related to the Elliott’s and Boylings Heaps, Smiths, Woodwards and more, I only think this from the things I have found, when I put up all the other Gipsy Men from the times of the First World War, I will not put up no writings only their name, this then will be their Roll of Honour page for everyone to know of their names, over the Thread about Dan Boswell there are many of the record story’s, you will have to read through all the pages for I was doing several researchers back then and stop and started different story’s and researchers and mixed them up, so if you see a name that you know in the  Gipsy Roll of Honour all you need to do is look at the Newspaper from the Archives just join their site and learn yourself of your relatives, if you would then put on here any information about the person to help me in this research I would welcome your help, apart from the many Gipsy people that I have already found and wrote about in WW1, well I have found many more and will put their names on here to, so I will first show you how I started this research for Ambrose Bacon and tell of the information I found, I found much more to, this is just a sample, you can read all about the War to in the research I did from the link below, I respect all the Gipsy People of the research that I will now show you, r.i.p.

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=730582.216

Offline panished

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: World War One. Gipsy Roll of Honour.
« Reply #1 on: Monday 12 November 18 21:10 GMT (UK) »
So this below is how i found out about Ambrose Bacon and his life leading to his death in WW1.

By  Thompson   

The year 1909 was ushered in by the sequel to the Boxing Day
quarrels of the Gypsies encamped on the Bohemian Estate, Southend, This estate is partly owned and partly rented by about twenty-five or thirty families of Gypsies, who make it their permanent home.two distinct camps : the converted Gypsies, and a varied mob of unregenerate pos-rats and ' mumpers '   

then Thomson goes on to say this about the Elliott's, he seems to know round Lincolnshire 

AFFAIRS OF EGYPT  1909

By  Thompson   

engaged in practising  tricks. It is on record that Sarah Elliott and
Mary Ann Smith were fined £10 each at Coventry on May 23 for obtaining
£2, 5s.   for a goat-skin rug by hoaxing and intimidation ; that Alice Elliott
and her niece, Isabella Elliott, were fined  at Knaresborough on September
5 for obtaining £5 from a Boroughbridge publican by means of a trick   
at Willenhall on June 21 for obtaining sums of 18s. and 10s. 6d. by false
pretences. Who these Elliotts were it has been impossible to ascertain. In all
probability they did not belong to the well-known Lincolnshire family, but to an
entirely ;distinct family (and one not renowned for its law-abiding character)
that may sometimes be met with around Bristol or London.                                             

but who are these Elliott's who knew the Smiths and Wiltshire Families of Nottingham 

Nottingham 1918

exciting the road near Lenton Abbey, led to the  appearance in the Nottingham, George Smith, 57, gipsy,  assaulting P.c. John  and damaging his bicycle, Albert Smith, 23, and two young  women Maria  Elliott and Amy Webster, both  Gipsys were also  charged with assault.     

Thompson the so called writer found one story in 1909 and merited it warranted but a single line   

AFFAIRS OF EGYPT  1909

By  Thompson

These notes are compiled almost entirely from the large volume  weighing seven pounds of Press cuttings collected by the Society's Honorary Secretary On March 15 some so called Gypsies were evicted from a camping ground in Hawthorne Street, Nottingham

AFFAIRS OF GIPSYS  2016

By Me

Nottingham 1909

After numerous written notices and two and one quarter hours of argument, a body of Gipsies were removed from land in Hawthorne street, Nottingham. Belonging, Mr. H. Brown and Messrs. Brothers. For two or three years  this land has been the free habitat of the Bohemians,  the landowners, in co-operation with the city sanitary inspector,  determined to them,   notice of eviction  Mr. Brown's agent, together with two gentlemen from Red Lion-street, two other men' on behalf of Chorley Brothers, and a couple of policemen, at nine o'clock this morning.   Perhaps the order had not been taken seriously, for the encampment had yet made the slightest preparation, and the only horse fetched from the fields was promptly sent away when the police were spotted. There were three caravans, in which some 15 people lived, Billy Bacon, pleaded that his only available horse was lame, and refused to quit. Thereupon the two gentlemen from 
Red Lionstreet, capable looking, stepped to the front
 “The first man who touches my van  I'll lay  out" intimated Billy, the powerful looking fellow  standing over six feet high.  The gentlemen from Red Lion-street consulted, and decided that they could not interfere under the  circumstances. Meanwhile, one of the owners of the other vans said he was quite willing
 "to have a flutter'’ and stand the consequences. 
Someone was despatched to negotiate 
Nottingham 1900

Charles Bacon, gipsy, was summoned for aiding and abetting
Fred Wiltshire, Richard Elliott. And John Gregory, in trespassing in search of game, on land belonging the Duke of Portland

having a look at the Gregory family you mentioned, and saw that son Henry appeared to marry a Letty/Letitia/Lettice Wiltshire. This in turn led me to look at the Wiltshire/Wilsher families, and I think I have found out that Richard Smiths wife, Mary, was a Wiltshire.
 Now the age is slightly out, but a Joseph and Lydia Wilsher had a daughter Mary Ann baptised at Normanton on Trent 15th Sep 1816. Then there is a baptism on freereg for Lydia d/o Joseph and Lydia Wiltshire of Saint Ann's St., tin man, Nottingham St. Mary, 22nd Jan 1837. This Lydia would fit agewise with the widowed Lydia Elliott who is with Richard and Mary on the 1871 census and make her sister to Mary.
 Also there is a baptism at Saxilby in 1821 of Thomas s/o Joseph and Liddy Wiltsher and 1813 at Swineshead, Lincs, of Joseph s/o Joseph and Lydia Wilshaw. Joseph marries a Sarah and is in and around Newark and manages to appear on the 1861 census twice, at both Newark and New Sleaford Lincs.   

Offline panished

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 12 November 18 21:13 GMT (UK) »
Nottingham 1861

Petty Sessions

May 3rd.— (Before the Rev.. J. D. Beecher, Matilda Elliott and Sarah Wiltshire, two gipsies, were charged by James Carter, draper and grocer, of Upton, with having stolen one print dress, one pair of boots, one pair of shoes, two pairs of socks, and one pair of gloves, on the 30th of April. It appeared that the two women went to the shop of Mr. Carter, of Upton, and asked to be shown some goods, giving their names Smith and Wilkinson, and said that they lived in Upton, they succeeded in obtaining goods to the amount of £5 10s. by false pretences. Information was given to Inspector Home the following day, who shortly afterwards apprehended the prisoners, and found the property upon them. Committed for trial at the next sessions to be holden at Retford.
https://www.surreycc.gov.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0010/21061/PPPF_Full_Report.pdf

"My name is Henry Elliott, also known as Stamford and my Dads Family was always known as the Bacons, the Bacons boys and I am also known as Henry Bacon"

this above is an extract from the link above, I just want to show all the many records of the Great Family of Bacons that I have come across in the research of Hawthorne street Kings Meadow Road, of course know the Bacons from the South may have nothing to do with the Bacons I am writing of, I am just trying to see the bigger picture, I have maybe over a hundred reports of southern Bacons, I do know Gipsies were mixed long before the time of the so called scholars, I will elaborate later, I once again looked at the Roots Chat Archive and found more mysteries, I have from the very start been talking of Selston, also Hawthorne Street, and Worksop, and now in some way the Bacons link all these locations, study the link that I am going to show you, then hopefully maybe someone would kindly help

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=75448.0

I have many records to put on soon of  this Family of Bacons, all those stories from the link above points to a Great Gipsy Connection, look at this I think this is the Ambrose from the stories I will tell later, I think the Bacons, Smiths, Elliott's, Woodward's are Family 

http://www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/rollofhonour/People/Details/24845

Nottingham evening post Wednesday 14 June 1916
 WORK-SHY & UNREGISTERED.
 GRAVE CHARGES AGAINST NOTTINGHAM YOUTHS.

Two described as van-dwellers, were remanded at the Nottingham Shire Hall this morning upon charges of having obtained money by false pretences from a local engineering firm.In the case of the first defendant, William Smith, the Deputy Chief  constable said he was unattested and unregistered. The other defendant was a youth named Ambrose Bacon, who said he was only 17, but Mr. Harrop remarked that he had been unable find his birth certificate.
He was, however, quite willing to    " join  the army. "

Offline panished

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 12 November 18 21:15 GMT (UK) »

Emily Bacon, Gipsy hawker met a young woman, the wife of a labourer, and told her that her future would be full of trouble if she did not part with half-a-crown and some articles of clothing. Having got these, the Zingari undertook to "rule the young woman's planet." But the heavenly body lacks a ruler just now for the Loughhorouph magistrates have sent Emilv Bacon to gaol for two months.

Emily Nowby, alias Bacon, hawker, Selston, was charged by Elizabeth Woodward, of Castle Donington, hawker, with assaulting her Husband, on the 27th Nov. Prisoner admitted the charge, but said she did so under circumstances of great provocation from the complainant. The Bench having heard the evidence of the prosecution, and the filthy language said to be used by each side, dismissed the charge, considering one as bad as the other. —The parties are step-sisters.

If you click on the link that I wrote on the last post above about the grave of Ambrose Bacon you will then find another link, I will put them on below in order, there are three steps you follow, all todo with the grave record and what is wrote on the grave, well you may see then who was the person that wrote the words, these are the links..... first click on this link

http://www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/rollofhonour/people/Details/24845

then you will see where you can click on this link CWGS. Web Site. It is the commonwealth War Graves Site.http://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/4028111/

you will then see where  it says.
CWGC ARCHIVE ONLINE (4)
Grave Registration (2)
Headstone (2)

if you click on Headstone (2). you will be able to read what is wrote at the bottom of the grave and who wrote it, this below is what is wrote on that record

"Not forgotten by his loving Brother John and Family"

then it also mentions Johns address. (Mr. J. Bacon Caravan, Burn St., off Garden Lane Sutton.in.Ashfield
https://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/4028111/#&gid=null&pid=2

in the link above you will see on the record saying the name Heaps, mentioned at Worksop Sandy lane.
Look on the story below, it is the same name and address. I think John, Ambrose and Charles are Williams and Emily's Sons, was Emily an Elliott, I am sure there is a Gipsy conection with this Family, when and how it starts is yet unknown to me, would anybody please be able to help I will write more records soon, it seems so far William married Emily way back the 1860s, I have several stories of the Smiths Woodwards and Elliotts, all with these Bacons, look again at the Rootschat archive link above, then read all the stories as one on the last page I write, I think I have maybe a few more pages, then I do hope someone will help, also look below at the story with the Boylings and the Bacons

Offline panished

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 12 November 18 21:17 GMT (UK) »
Nottingham Evening Post Friday 21 February 1936
ALLEGED FALSE PRETENCES AT TIBSHELF.
HIS STORY TO A LOCAL TRADER.
John James Bacon. 53, Hawker, of Garden Lane Burns Street Sutton-in-Ashfield was brought up in custody at Clay Cross to-day and remanded on a charge of attempting to obtain seven pounds by false pretences from George Stanley Clark, at Tibshelf, on February 20th. Bacon visited Mr. Clarks shop and asked to be allowed to leave his kit bag until the following day.
This permission was granted.
Returning to the shop the next morning Bacon opened the bag and took out two rugs, one of which he represented to be a Persian, and the other a Russian. Bear skin, these he offered to sell to Clark for seven pounds. Bacon stated that he was a sailor and had sailed the seven seas, adding that he had been shipwrecked four times. He wished to get back to Liverpool, and was therefore, trying to sell the rugs at considerably less than their value. P.C Kelly who happened to be in the shop at the same time overheard the conversation and being suspicious took Bacon into custody.
Bacon remanded.

Nottingham Evening Post Saturday July 1916
DISCRACFULL SCENES AT HUCKNALL.
HAWKERS FINED.
At the Nottingham Shire Hall today a description was given of a disgraceful scene which was enacted on the Annesley–road at Hucknall, late on Thursday night.
Three men living in caravans. Richard Boyling aged 29, Walter Boyling, 56 and William Bacon 44, Hawkers, of no fixed abode. The defendants had been to the Mansfield Fair they were stated by the Police to have been “mad drunk” when arrested the younger Boyling and Bacon struggled kicked and resisted the officers. Stones and bottles were also thrown, the officers showed signs of having been knocked about. The Boylings were fined 15s. Each, or seven days, for being drunk and disorderly, Bacon one pound 1s, and each of the three was fined two pounds 2s, or 21 days for the assault on the Police, the Chaiman (Mr. G. Fellows), said the Police must be protected from ruffians.

Saturday 26 November 1892 Derbyshire Courier
Chesterfield County Police Courts. This Friday- Charles Bacon of Selston and Richard Elliott, two gipsies who have been camping round Hardwick during the last few days were charged by Mr. George Page, head Gamekeeper for the Hardwick Estate, and before Mr. Carrington with using dogs in the purpose of taking game on Wednesday.
A young woman of Ault. Hucknall. Named Woodbine, deposed to watching the men, they had three dogs and killed two hares.
The prisoners were remanded to the petty sessions

Offline panished

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 12 November 18 21:22 GMT (UK) »
Tuesday 29 November 1892 Derbyshire Courier
Gipsies Fined for Poaching.
Charles Bacon and Richard Elliott were charged on remand for using dogs for taking hares; at Ault Hucknall- John Wright a farmer said he saw two caravans, together with four men and women with two dogs. He saw the hare run into a field belonging to Holmwood Colliery. The two dogs followed and killed the hare, one of the men picked up the hare.-Mr Middleton, for the defence, pleaded guilty for the charge where Bacon was concerned, but said Elliott took no part what so ever in the matter- Their Worships fined each defendant 1 pound and costs or 14 days imprisonment.

ps... in the previous post on page five about Emily Nowby, alias Bacon, hawker, Selston, the name of the newspaper was the Ilkeston Pioneer-Thursday 29 November 1866 titled the "FEMININE ROW "
on the same post in 1894 was the story about Emily fortune-telling at Loughborough which is just south of Nottingham, the paper is the Cornishmen- Thursday 6 December 1894, titled the "SEERESS".

The 1901 census shows Charles Bacon aged 30, b Selston, Notts, a coal miner, living at Wilson's Fields Caravan with his wife Charlotte. Charlotte was aged 42 and was born in Barrow-on-Soar, Leics.

In 1891 Charles was living at "Caravan, Sand Hill", Worksop with his parents William and Emily and siblings including a sister named Parthenia.

1881 census RG11 3323 Folio 72 page 20
Charles Bacon with siblings inc Parthinia living with grandparent Harry Bacon widower 61 a farmer of 13 acres at Selston born Essex
William Bacon 40 labourer born London with wife Emily 38 born Selston.
1871 census RG10 3479 folio 54 page 27 Selston
 Boffits Farm - Henry Bacon 51 farmer wife Hannah 61 granddaughter Hannah 2
1861 census RG9 2432 folio 11 page 18 Selston
Dog Kennels - Henry Bacon 41 farmer 20 acres. wife Hannah 50
William Bacon son 19 un farmers son

Marriage 1867 William Bacon March quarter 7b 263
on the same page Emily Elliot

Marriage William Bacon 1869 Dec Quarter 7b 251 Basford
on the same page Emily Frost . This I think is favourite
see 1861 census RG9 2503 folio 108 page 12

Offline panished

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 12 November 18 21:25 GMT (UK) »
This Charlotte is a mystery. There's only one Charlotte b Barrow on Soar in 1858/9 and I've followed her through the census from 1861 under her single and married names as far as 1891 just after she married her 2nd husband. No trace of her death and no trace of a Charlotte born ca 1858 in Barrow in the 1901 census, apart from this Charlotte Bacon who doesn't appear anywhere else. I'm wondering if she left her husband and went off with this younger man and they weren't married........

The 1911 census shows her still living with this Charles Bacon as his wife, this time as a Van Dweller on Waste Ground at Hawthorn Street, Nottingham. It states they've been married for 17 years, which would make it around 1894. There are a couple of marriages for a Charles Bacon in '93 and '94 but I can't check the spouse, and if this is the same woman then I think her husband was still alive anyway! If I've found the right person then he appears to be in both the 1901 and 1911 censuses, lodging in his home county of Warwickshire and stating that he's married.

There are 10 Charles BACON marriages scattered around the country in 1893 and 1894. 
The only one with Charlotte for a wife was in June 1894.
Paddington ref 1a 50
She was Charlotte Lizzie GIBBONS.

in this link below from the Rootschat archives the people are  talking about the Bacons first coming from down the south,  can anyone help in confirming that these researchers are not getting the Bacons on the records they find mixed up, I have found several Bacons with the same name in the same time scale and locations, will there be anyone who can confirm these records below relate to the People I am researching , what I mean is did the Bacons first come from down the south, is there anyone who would help

The 1901 census shows Charles Bacon aged 30, b Selston, Notts, a coal miner, living at Wilson's Fields Caravan with his wife Charlotte. Charlotte was aged 42 and was born in Barrow-on-Soar, Leics.

In 1891 Charles was living at "Caravan, Sand Hill", Worksop with his parents William and Emily and siblings including a sister named Parthenia.

1881 census RG11 3323 Folio 72 page 20
Charles Bacon with siblings inc Parthinia living with grandparent Harry Bacon widower 61 a farmer of 13 acres at Selston born Essex
William Bacon 40 labourer born London with wife Emily 38 born Selston.
1871 census RG10 3479 folio 54 page 27 Selston
 Boffits Farm - Henry Bacon 51 farmer wife Hannah 61 granddaughter Hannah 2
1861 census RG9 2432 folio 11 page 18 Selston
Dog Kennels - Henry Bacon 41 farmer 20 acres. wife Hannah 50
William Bacon son 19 un farmers son

Marriage 1867 William Bacon March quarter 7b 26on the same page Emily Elliot

The 1911 census shows her still living with this Charles Bacon as his wife, this time as a Van Dweller on Waste Ground at Hawthorn Street, Nottingham. It states they've been married for 17 years, which would make it around 1894. There are a couple of marriages for a Charles Bacon in '93 and '94 but I can't check the spouse, and if this is the same woman then I think her husband was still alive anyway! If I've found the right person then he appears to be in both the 1901 and 1911 censuses, lodging in his home county of Warwickshire and stating that he's married.

Tuesday 02 March 1920
  Nottingham Evening Post

A BASFORD APPOINTMENT
... Defense. Mr. H. B. Clayton said Bacon was a demobilized soldier who had been wounded and gassed and could not follow his employment as a miner. Was only able to earn about a pound a week as a scrap iron dealer. The cause of the trouble was Mrs. Bacon's betting

Wednesday 03 March 1920
  Nottingham Journal

HER THREE HUSBANDS
Unusual matrimonial tangle   Charlotte Bacon,  Meadows, Nottingham, charged her husband, Charles Bacon,   Hawthorne street, Nottingham, with desertion Mr. R. A. Young     
  she was married to a man named Black, who died she then married a man named Storer

Tuesday 02 March 1920
 Nottingham Evening Post

A BASFORD APPOINTMENT
... Magistrates the Nottingham Summons Court today, when Charlotte Bacon, 66, Cremorne-street, applied for maintenance order on the grounds of desertion against her husband,  Charles Bacon, 51, of Hawthorne-street, Meadows. Mr. R. A. Young, for the applicant said she was married to a man named Black, and he died in 1889. Shortly after she married a man named Storer, and he left her.

This all above is how i found out about the Bacons, i am sure they are apart of the Great Gipsy Family, i am sure to several of the Bacons would of been involved with the times of the Great War,   there will be many names of Gipsies that i have not found so if you know of other Gipsy people please put their names on here so their relatives and people of the future will be able to know of their storys.

GIPSIES
ROLL OF HONOUR
WORLD WAR ONE
28 July 1914 – 11 November 1918.

AMBROSE BACON.

Offline whiteout7

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 24 November 18 07:21 GMT (UK) »
I'll add this man a 1916 Victoria Cross Winner for Bravery when he was just 19 years old.

John ‘Jack’ Cunningham son of Charles Cunningham (a licensed pot hawker ) and Mary Ann (nee Cunningham),
Born 28 June 1897 in Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire, England
Passed 21 February 1941
His family was of Romani gypsy heritage
He married an Eva Harrison
He returned home from WW1

https://www.itv.com/news/calendar/2016-11-13/remembrance-sunday-services-honour-regions-heroes/

He is buried with his parents Charles (1860 -1949)  and Mary Ann Cunningham (1863 -1932 ) and also his brother Matthew Cunningham (1900 - 1951) in Hull at the Western Cemetery.

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/154036903/charles-cunningham

He had 6 brothers? Possibly?
https://www.proudgypsytraveller.co.uk/2016/10/07/1182/

Charles Cunningham (a licensed pot hawker ) and Mary Ann (nee Cunningham) were married in 1881 at Westgate in Rotherham.
http://vconline.org.uk/john-cunningham-1916-vc/4586316675

The location of this marriage makes me think there may have been a daughter Jane Cunningham that was 3 years old who died after caravan fire in 1891 in Dudley park at Rotherham hospital. (death registered at the GRO and there was an inquest). Jane Cunningham born about c 1888. Father was Charles Cunningham, a pot hawker.

GIPSIES
ROLL OF HONOUR
WORLD WAR ONE

JOHN 'JACK' CUNNINGHAM VC

Wemyss/Crombie/Laing/Blyth (West Wemyss)
Givens/Normand (Dysart)
Clark/Lister (Dysart)
Wilkinson/Simson (Kettle or Kettlehill)

Offline panished

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 25 November 18 06:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mel

Yes another great Gipsy man never to be forgot, i have found lots of information about the Cunninghams, some of the story's about John Jack are very sad, i think some of his relatives are also in the war, i will try and put them on to if i find them, i am trying to find more about the Bacon's first before i move on and put more names down, i think there were two Ambrose Bacon's in the war from up my way, one died and one lived on, through the records i have found i think to that Charles Bacon who i think is Charles Henry Bacon, well i think he to was in the war, in one of the records he finds him-self in, it is stated he was gassed in the trenchers during the war.

Tuesday 02 March 1920
  Nottingham Evening Post

... Defense. Mr. H. B. Clayton said Bacon was a demobilized soldier who had been wounded and gassed..... 

I think he was the son of William and Emily, i do not want to move on to fast and leave them behind, so now with your help we have more names to had to the Gipsies Roll of Honour. Thank you also for putting the information on about the family and life of John ‘Jack’ Cunningham this is the reason for these pages, they should be remembered, not just a name on a record that grows old then fades, then no one ever knows nothing of them or the very hard times of the war yeares, they want to be known, they want people to hear the truth, i will put much more on soon of the great Gipsy dead that live on forever, all of them, i know many will not be found, through reading these words though, many more people will search out and find the ones that will need to be free, they all will be found, everyone will know of them as time comes to us. No matter who they are big names or names not known, massive Gipsy heritage or a very young family, names that live on, names that have died out, no matter, they all will make these pages that Honour the Gipsies that time will not forget.

GIPSIES
ROLL OF HONOUR
WORLD WAR ONE

JOHN 'JACK' CUNNINGHAM VC
AMBROSE BACON
CHARLES BACON