Author Topic: Beware of (some) heir hunters  (Read 3283 times)

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
Re: Beware of (some) heir hunters
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 15 November 18 09:53 GMT (UK) »
I did read it -- and wondered.   I always (through a TV screen and on here) found that they seemed to be an empathetic business -- BUT YES A BUSINESS --  However I didnt think one of the brothers would stoop so low as to cheat someone... It is very sad - but we musnt judge them all ---by the one shaky character --- I can imagine with a competitive business like that, there are some out there rubbing their hands -- with a he he he frame of mind.

One bad apple and all that.. He is a wrong un and he made some bad judgements. 

But  Mr Pacifico was lovely .. and others on there.

Dont step into the limelight if you dont want to be judged or HONEST..

xin

Offline Guy Etchells

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 15 November 18 10:01 GMT (UK) »
What I cannot understand after reading the "court statement" is why he is not facing a fraud charge under either section 2, 3 or 4 of the Fraud Act 2006.

It seems to me he has got off very lightly.
Cheers
Guy
http://anguline.co.uk/Framland/index.htm   The site that gives you facts not promises!
http://burial-inscriptions.co.uk Tombstones & Monumental Inscriptions.

As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 15 November 18 14:55 GMT (UK) »
What I cannot understand after reading the "court statement" is why he is not facing a fraud charge under either section 2, 3 or 4 of the Fraud Act 2006.

It seems to me he has got off very lightly.
Cheers
Guy

The answer to that might be that the police \ prosecutors decided to leave some offences on file, something they do quite often I understand.

As for getting off lightly. Being fined £250,000 and having the Judge make disparaging remarks about your reputation hardly counts as lightly I would have thought.
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline Yasmina4

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 27 November 18 19:33 GMT (UK) »
Just to show not all heir hunters have your best interests at heart.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6383721/Pensioner-74-wins-600-000-legal-battle-heir-hunter.html

The Judge's comments are particularly damning

I was absolutely shocked when I read that report. So unprofessional and greedy.