Author Topic: Signs of The Berieved  (Read 1914 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Signs of The Berieved
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 21 November 18 14:24 GMT (UK) »
Here you go Regorian.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 21 November 18 14:24 GMT (UK) »
...and in black and white if you prefer.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

Offline Regorian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Henry Griffiths Jnr c1914, HMS Achilles
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 21 November 18 14:33 GMT (UK) »
Yes Viktoria, quite possibly the summer of 1914, just as well they did not know what was coming. I have lots of photographs thereafter, but never the carefree looks again. My wider family were lucky in both wars, either reserved occupations or time expired. I can only think of 3 who died, CG Grail and his half brother SJ (avatar), my fathers brother RAF 1940. There were a couple  more (by marriage) who survived and three Australian cousins who also survived WWI. 
Griffiths Llandogo, Mitcheltroy, Mon. and Whitchurch Here (Also Edwards),  18th C., Griffiths FoD 19th Century.

Offline Regorian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 21 November 18 14:44 GMT (UK) »
I 'warmed up' the photo a very little, Carol. I didn't think it would even be noticeable.

Thanks very much for the repair.
Griffiths Llandogo, Mitcheltroy, Mon. and Whitchurch Here (Also Edwards),  18th C., Griffiths FoD 19th Century.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 21 November 18 15:57 GMT (UK) »
My pleasure...lovely photo  :)
Carol

Offline Regorian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 21 November 18 16:27 GMT (UK) »
I think I've found them on the 1911 Census and a marriage for (Edith) May in 1919. Just got to check the male side.

Offline MaureeninNY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 22 November 18 01:52 GMT (UK) »
Are you thinking that she (May) was the daughter of Isaac HAWTHORN?

She seems to have been born about 1894. There's a mention of death 18 Aug 1948 - Wolverhampton-in in the England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), for Edith May HAWTHORN,etc.  Admin to Isaac HAWTHORN retired ironmaster.

Maureen

Offline Regorian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 22 November 18 08:05 GMT (UK) »
Yes Maureen,

I have 1901 and 1911 Census entries now. She married Harold B Whitehouse in 1919. Just going to find any children if I can. As you have found, her name was Edith May.

Will have to wait until a bit later, nurses appointment 10 AM. 

Offline MaureeninNY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 22 November 18 11:58 GMT (UK) »
Hope the appointment went well. :)

The problem is that Edith May HAWTHORN was listed as a spinster on the Probate Calendar.
 I can't seem to find her on the 1939 register.

Maureen