Author Topic: Frank Crompton Death in Paris, 1928  (Read 991 times)

Offline joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Frank Crompton Death in Paris, 1928
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 17 November 18 15:48 GMT (UK) »
I asked for a look-up at the Paris archives ( 1926 census , in order to see who lived at these addresses, may be he was already in Paris in 1926). I'l have an answer in a week or so.
I'l let you know.

Offline joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 21 November 18 16:59 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
Paris Census 1926 gives Frank Crompton (42), Mabel (his wife, 44 ) and a daughter Mary, 25 years'old living at 108 rue Ledru Rollin, he is said to be an "administrateur de sociétés", company director .
There was no nb 158 , number 152 is followed by number 160 in the street (in the 1926 census ).
He died at 152 bvd Diderot , as said in the  Parisian death certificate .
In 1926 , at nb 152  Boulevard Diderot lived :
The Revault d'Allones family , Gabriel , the father , a psychiatrist, with his wife and 5 children.(https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabriel_Revault_d%27Allonnes), Marie Jaffrin , their governess and Yvonne Bollier ( I'm not sure of the name) their maid .
I'll have to ask for help to decipher the occupations of the other inhabitants, because the picture sent  is not easy to read.

Offline michaelcharles

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 22 November 18 12:15 GMT (UK) »
Hello, Joger.
Merci (thank you) Joger. Interesting but confusing information! Frank and Mabel seem to be about ten years older than they should be! ! have a note of a daughter being born in 1925, but no name and no trace of her since. This Mary could not have been a 25 years old daughter in 1926 as Frank and Mabel would still have been children in 1901!
Again, thank you for all your work.

Offline joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 22 November 18 12:48 GMT (UK) »
My apologies , I did not understand correctly the meaning of the numbers .
They are for the 2 last numbers of the birth year :Frank born 1892,Mabel 1894, Mary 1925, or 1929

At nb 152 Bvd Diderot , where Franck died  in 1928, all the persons living there in 1926 are doctors or nurses.He must have been either a patient or a friend staying for the night (the precise time of his death is 7 , meaning 7 AM in France.
Or , if the nb is not correct , he could have been staying at the hospital Saint-Antoine , 55 Bvd Diderot.

Offline michaelcharles

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 22 November 18 15:32 GMT (UK) »
No apology necessary! I believe Frank died in a nursing home, so that would account for all the doctors and nurses. The hunt will continue for the missing Mary! Cheers.