Author Topic: Help needed to find out what happened to the Jones family after 1871  (Read 836 times)

Offline shuttle35

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Help needed to find out what happened to the Jones family after 1871
« on: Wednesday 14 November 18 10:03 GMT (UK) »
Could anyone help me to find out what happened to the Jones family after 1871 please. I know its a difficult surname to research, this is what info I've got so far.
Samuel Jones (B) 1832 & Emma Kirby (B) 1830 married St Marys Church Bilston 26 Oct 1859, Samuel occupation Brickmaker.
Children
 John (B) 1860 Moxley Bilston, married Barnsley Yorkshire, father Samuel occupation Brickmaker. (I have all the information and census on John that I  need).
Mary (B) 1865 Catherines Cross Darleston, George (B)1867 Catherines Cross & Henry (B)1871 Catherines Cross Darleston all 4 children as the fathers occupation on there birth certs as a brickmaker.
I cannot find any more information on Samuel & Emma and the 3 children after 1871 census.
I did buy a death cert for Emma Jones dated 1873 Catherines Cross age given 42,husband Samuel occupation screw forger informant Sarah Yates. Is this my Emma ? if it had said Brickmaker I would have said yes no problem but I'm not sure now.
I've been stuck on this family now for quite a few years so any help or ideas of where to find them would be much appreciated.
Jacqueline   
Jones Shotwick Cheshire, Moxley 7 yorkshire , Cooper Manchester, hayton Dewsbury & Wakefield, Crowther Horbury

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
Re: Help needed
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 14 November 18 10:25 GMT (UK) »
Hiya Jacqueline

I think its a good chance it is Emma as the informant wasn't a member of the family maybe they weren't sure of Samuel's occupation There is a burial 9.2.1873 All Saints Moxley of an Emma Jones where the abode is given as Darlaston but no mention of any husband

I will keep looking

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 14 November 18 10:43 GMT (UK) »
There is a George here on the 1881 correct age and birthplace.

Maybe someone could see who else is in the household, as FamilySearch is only showing 3 children.

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:Q27F-DMSM

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 14 November 18 10:49 GMT (UK) »
Its a school - Walsall & West Bromwich School Wigmore the other Jones may not be related as Mary's age is wrong for his sister

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
Re: Help needed to find out what happened to the Jones family after 1871
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 14 November 18 11:13 GMT (UK) »
There is a Mary J Jones born c1865 Darlaston who is a servant in a household in Normanton Yorkshire on the 1881 census

As her brother John married in Yorkshire maybe they moved there

Willow x

Offline shuttle35

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 14 November 18 11:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi Willow, That's the burial that matches the death cert that I've got. I bought that cert in 2009 and I keep going back to it as I wasn't sure it was her with the husbands occupation being wrong. Sarah Yates the informant doesn't come into the tree so perhaps she was a neighbour.

I have a death cert for Samuel Jones 7th Dec 1879 Darleston age 43 but again I'm not sure about that.
informant Mary Jones widow of the deceased, present at death 7 Queen St, Darleston, his occupation was bricklayer. the burial is at St George Darleston, the abode on the record is The Green Darleston which doesn't match the address on the death cert. I can't find a marriage to Samuel Jones and Mary in the dates between those 2 death certs, I just feel as though I'm going round in circles.
Thanks for trying to help
Jacqueline
Jones Shotwick Cheshire, Moxley 7 yorkshire , Cooper Manchester, hayton Dewsbury & Wakefield, Crowther Horbury

Offline shuttle35

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 14 November 18 12:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jamjar, I have looked at this 1881 census many times and again its the ages that's wrong with my Mary being born in 1865 and George being born in 1867. I haven't got a child William but I will check again on GRO and see if he's mine.
Thank you for your help
Jacqueline

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 14 November 18 12:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Willow, That's the burial that matches the death cert that I've got. I bought that cert in 2009 and I keep going back to it as I wasn't sure it was her with the husbands occupation being wrong. Sarah Yates the informant doesn't come into the tree so perhaps she was a neighbour.

I have a death cert for Samuel Jones 7th Dec 1879 Darleston age 43 but again I'm not sure about that.
informant Mary Jones widow of the deceased, present at death 7 Queen St, Darleston, his occupation was bricklayer. the burial is at St George Darleston, the abode on the record is The Green Darleston which doesn't match the address on the death cert. I can't find a marriage to Samuel Jones and Mary in the dates between those 2 death certs, I just feel as though I'm going round in circles.
Thanks for trying to help
Jacqueline

Hiya Jacqueline

I think that's the right Samuel I don't think you will find a marriage for the 'widow' they may not have made it up the aisle

There is an area in Darlaston called the Green maybe Queen Street come under there which is where the confusion is coming from

Willow x

Offline shuttle35

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 15 November 18 11:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Willow, I've find a 1881 census for Mary Jones widow living at The Green Darleston with her family. I've gone back and found the 1871 census and she is married to Samuel Jones Bricklayer so that matches the death cert I bought so I'm going to delete this family from my tree as My Samuel was at home with his family in 1871.

Mary J Jones living in Normanton I'm not sure about her yet as I can see quite a few Mary J Jones born about the same age as my Mary in Darleston.

This family is driving me mad but they will be found one day.

Thank you for your help

Jacqueline