Author Topic: family History - I am searching a Minnie Louisa Davis  (Read 5998 times)

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: family History
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 15 November 18 07:35 GMT (UK) »
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline renison bell

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 15 November 18 09:43 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Sparrett ,Cando, and Jamjar for all your research for Minnie Davis
 I have no evidence of Pearls birth, other than family here say and Pearls death index 6/9/1906
The story I know is Minnie mother named child Pearl Evelyn, went to N Zealand where
her 2 brothers lived,   seems to be on N Z electoral Bulla /Westport 1905/06, cant find her
1911. Returned to Victoria with Pearl, also story goes she met a man who said I will marry
you, but child is in the way. Minnie had sister in Eaglehawk Vic and asked her to take Pearl
but sister couldnt so Minnie placed ad in Bgo paper asking for couple to look after her.
Pearl was placed with Elizabeth and Cleveland Chesterfield, Curnow Street Bendigo, and attended
Specimen Hill State school. She changed name to Jessie Chesterfield no adoption., lived there until
marriage to William Badge about 1931 Melbourne until death 2003. This is correct with evidence

Offline renison bell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 15 November 18 09:54 GMT (UK) »
continuing. Minnie stayed and worked in Bgo, but didnt marry as man didnt contact.
Could this be her in Hamilton with Winchester? him dying reason for no contact?
As years went by Minnie never married but lived with Albert Johnson, and had another child with him
Elsie Johnson Weir who was Pearls step sister, they finally reunited just before Pearl died.
I hope this may put some light into Minnie/Pearl lives, also you may be able to help where I can
research for any more reliable facts.
So grateful for what you have found  Cheers Renisonbell

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 15 November 18 09:54 GMT (UK) »
Renison, are you reading what we are finding for you?

marriage to William Badge about 1931

Have a look back and you will see that I posted her marriage to William.  ;)

Where did Pearl? Buried/cremated?

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline renison bell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 15 November 18 10:07 GMT (UK) »
So sorry Jamjar, yes I see where you found marriage. I typed wrong date.
Cemetery index Pearl Evelyn 'Jess" Badge. Birth year 1906 6/9/1906.  death17/1/2003
Ferntree Gully Cemetery Knox City Victoria Australia. Buried

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 15 November 18 10:20 GMT (UK) »
Rennisonbell.
What I have posted about the marriage of a woman of a similar name to Harry WINCHESTER is only a speculative , faintly possible, scenario.
I have no evidence other than what I have given as to the woman being one in the same as your Minnie DAVIS.

A certificate of the marriage I have given
may clarify.

Sue

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 15 November 18 10:34 GMT (UK) »
From the cemetery’s register:

Pioneer Beam Lawn:

Badge Pearl Evelyn 22-1-2003 Area PO Row 0 Plot 224

Badge William 20-9-1988 Area PO Row 0 Plot 224

Jamjar

22536 1988 BADGE William Lewis parents BADGE Lewis William and Keturah (Manallack) birth: Bendigo death: Boronia aged 85

Notices:

BADGE Pearl Evelyn (Jessie) Death notice 17-1-2003 Death 96 Herald Sun (Melbourne) 20-1-2003

BADGE Pearl Evelyn (Jessie) Funeral notice 22-1-2003 Funeral Herald Sun (Melbourne) 21-1-2003

http://tributes.heraldsun.com.au/archivenotice/2645570/view?random=1542278973801

The other marriage I had posted - now deleted - thinking it was Pearl’s second marriage was actually that of her daughter. It appears she may still be alive, but her husband is deceased.

TOWNLEY Gordon Ronald Death notice 12-1-2016 Death 87 Herald Sun (Melbourne) 19-1-2016

http://tributes.heraldsun.com.au/notice/244292031/view?random=1542279330196

Gordon Ronald Townley
Springvale Botanical Cemetery (The cremated remains have been collected)
Date of Birth: 13 October 1928   
Date of Death: 12 January 2016
Date of Service: 20 January 2016

Another daughter’s husband:

STOMANN Albert Death notice 14-9-2017 Death Herald Sun (Melbourne) 21-9-2017

http://tributes.heraldsun.com.au/notice/448142013/view?random=1542280223711

Fawkner Memorial Park
STOMANN Albert - birth 24-11-1932 death 14-9-2017 Cremation 21-9-2017

Their son:

BADGE Lewis Alexander Freedman Funeral notice 4-3-2009 Death 70 late of Buderim Sunshine Coast Daily (Maroochydore) 7-3-2009

Jamjar

Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 15 November 18 11:39 GMT (UK) »
Had child Pearl Evevlyn  Davis 6/9/1906 in unmarried mothers home Salvation Army ?

Cemetery index Pearl Evelyn 'Jess" Badge. Birth year 1906 6/9/1906.  death17/1/2003

You appear to have taken your 'facts' from a cemetery index.  Not the most reliable of sources if I may say so.

If you carefully read the links to the report of the maintenance case in Launceston in 1905 they clearly state Minnie's full  name, the name of the illegitimate child's father and the fact that Minnie was left without support on and from 4 Sep 1905.  The child's birth registration on 3 Sep 1905 had the surname of DAVIS with Unknown father and one of the child's given names Pearl and place of birth was the same street as the Salvation Army Maternity home.     Yes there are some differences with the given name of the mother but if the birth was registered by a member of the Salvation Home it would be very easy for some of the 'facts' to be incorrect. I think this is your Pearl's birth registration.  I don't know if the certificate would contain any further helpful information.

Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 15 November 18 11:49 GMT (UK) »
The following details would be on a 1905 birth certificate in Tasmania.  Note the mother's age and place of birth may help you.

Name, date, place, father’s name, father’s age and birthplace.
Mother’s name, age and birthplace.
Marriage date and previous children.
Certificate available after 100 years

Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk