Author Topic: Foster-Daughter?  (Read 1195 times)

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Foster-Daughter?
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 15 November 18 10:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi Fogmoose

Online companies such as 192.com use the 'edited' versions of the electoral registers to produce their name and address lists.

There are 3 things to consider.

When you register to vote over here you do not have to state your date of birth so their age ranges can be way off.

The registers are compiled alphabetically within the address and do not show a marital status or family relationship.

And since 2002 we have had the ability to 'opt out' of the electoral register so that our details are not sold to sales and marketing companies who buy the 'edited' version.

The death cert details you have are from 1972, the informant may have changed her surname in the intervening years or even died herself.

If you are going to do a free trial with FindMyPast make sure you take one that includes UK records as you are US based. Their US version may not include what you are hoping to find.

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline Fogmoose

• RootsChat Senior
  • For many hours and days that pass ever soon...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 15 November 18 13:05 GMT (UK) »
Very useful info from everyone. I'll check the BT link first before trying any free trials....hopefully the person I'm looking for is still living, need to do a little more research and see if I can find a birthdate for them but just got home from the midnight shift and need to go to sleep....I'll post an update later! Thanks to all!
Jaffray, Morrison - Monquhitter
Bird or Burd, Ironside - Methlick
Young - Aberdeen, Banffshire
Reid, Milne - Kincardineshire
Sanderson, Marshall, Marr - Foveran
Black, Ross - Rathven
Searle or Seale, Steel(e), Forbes, Adams- Aberdeen
Hutche(s)on, Keith, Greig, Fowlie - Cuminestown, New Deer, Monquhitter, Methlick

Offline Fogmoose

• RootsChat Senior
  • For many hours and days that pass ever soon...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 23 November 18 04:32 GMT (UK) »
So a quick update. I posted two snail-mail letters to Inverurie a few days ago, and will keep my fingers crossed. I know it's a long-shot, considering that the person in question would have to have been less than age 30 or so in 1972 to still be living...but you never know, stranger things have happened! Will update if there any response! Happy Holiday Season to all my fellow RC'ers!!!
Jaffray, Morrison - Monquhitter
Bird or Burd, Ironside - Methlick
Young - Aberdeen, Banffshire
Reid, Milne - Kincardineshire
Sanderson, Marshall, Marr - Foveran
Black, Ross - Rathven
Searle or Seale, Steel(e), Forbes, Adams- Aberdeen
Hutche(s)on, Keith, Greig, Fowlie - Cuminestown, New Deer, Monquhitter, Methlick