Author Topic: WOMBRIDGE pre-1802 Marriage records - do they still exist?  (Read 276 times)

Offline genboy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
WOMBRIDGE pre-1802 Marriage records - do they still exist?
« on: Wednesday 14 November 18 23:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi, after not being able to find specific Marriage records at Wombridge in my research, I decided to find out if they still existed.  Familysearch/wiki says the IGI has years 1721-51, 1802-1812, 1814-1836; so there is a gap 1751-1802 and 1813.  Shropshire Archives states that they only have them on fiche for 1802-1880, and FindMyPast has 1722-1880 with gaps. I checked FindMyPast and they don't have Marriages pre-1802.
So does anybody know if the M records exist and if so where they are?
Knowing for sure that they don't exist would be good too, as I can stop looking :)
Any help much appreciated.
thanks
Tranter, Spruce, Lawley, Porton @ STS
Evans, John, Morgan, Rees @ GLA
Coxon, Linsley @ DUR 
Hoy, Shildrick @ CAM
Woodbridge, Best @ BKM
Longbottom, Waddington @ YKS
Cochran, Dougan, Widdows, Johnston @ Ireland

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline horse000

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Ironbridge from the bridge
    • View Profile
Re: WOMBRIDGE pre-1802 Marriage records - do they still exist?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 15 November 18 03:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi

The Shropshire FHS [Marriage Index] has Wombridge 1787-1821, so only about 15 years coverage prior to 1802. [Unsure if that would include gaps].

Geoff
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline genboy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: WOMBRIDGE pre-1802 Marriage records - do they still exist?
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 15 November 18 04:28 GMT (UK) »
thanks.  They only take posted overseas money orders, and I'm in Australia, so I'll ask for a lookup online.
Tranter, Spruce, Lawley, Porton @ STS
Evans, John, Morgan, Rees @ GLA
Coxon, Linsley @ DUR 
Hoy, Shildrick @ CAM
Woodbridge, Best @ BKM
Longbottom, Waddington @ YKS
Cochran, Dougan, Widdows, Johnston @ Ireland