Author Topic: Fisher/Arnold family Market Deeping  (Read 852 times)

Offline Kazz1970

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Fisher/Arnold family Market Deeping
« on: Thursday 15 November 18 16:00 GMT (UK) »
Looking for information or relatives of Fisher and Arnold family originating from Market Deeping. John James and his brothers Charles William and Herbert were in WW1 unfortunately Herbert never made it home. Any info would help with our family tree.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Fisher/Arnold family Market Deeping
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 15 November 18 16:26 GMT (UK) »
The Arnold/Fisher marriage was 1946.  What year was Jean born and was she born in Lincolnshire?

Your grandfather was born 1920 Grimsby. (Should be Spalding - see below)

What year was John J Fisher born and who did he marry?

You can look up your grans birth reg on freebmd which will give her mothers maiden name

www.freebmd.org.uk

Edit

Just realised you have used present tense for your gran so endorse Rosie’s comments below
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 15 November 18 16:28 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to rootschat

If your Nan is still living you should remove her name from both of your posts as RC does not allow us to post details of living people
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Kazz1970

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 15 November 18 16:48 GMT (UK) »
The Arnold/Fisher marriage was 1946.  What year was Jean born and was she born in Lincolnshire?

Your grandfather was born 1920 Grimsby

What year was John J Fisher born and who did he marry?

You can look up your grans birth reg on freebmd which will give her mothers maiden name

www.freebmd.org.uk

Edit

Just realised you have used present tense for your gran so endorse Rosie’s comments below

Yes married in June 1946 but grandfather wasn’t born in Grimsby. John James married Annie Richmond.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 15 November 18 16:53 GMT (UK) »
Sorry - haven’t a clue why I typed Grimsby.  His birth was registered in Spalding ::)
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Kazz1970

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 15 November 18 17:02 GMT (UK) »
Sorry - haven’t a clue why I typed Grimsby.  His birth was registered in Spalding ::)
Yes Spalding is right. My nan had a brother Jack and a sister Mary both have since passed, it’s this part of the family I know nothing about.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 15 November 18 17:37 GMT (UK) »
So you are actually researching the Fisher line.  If Jack (or was he born as John?) & Mary are now deceased what exactly are you looking for?

If you are looking for living descendants - we can’t help as Rootschat has a “no living persons” policy.

You can use freebmd to look for marriages for them and to look for children born to those marriages

As your gran is still alive - is she not able to give you that info?

Your gran will know her parents names and mothers maiden name so you can use freebmd to find their marriage and then trace her ancestry via the census info which can be found on wwwfamilysearch.org

Offline Kazz1970

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 15 November 18 20:19 GMT (UK) »
So you are actually researching the Fisher line.  If Jack (or was he born as John?) & Mary are now deceased what exactly are you looking for?

If you are looking for living descendants - we can’t help as Rootschat has a “no living persons” policy.

You can use freebmd to look for marriages for them and to look for children born to those marriages

As your gran is still alive - is she not able to give you that info?

Your gran will know her parents names and mothers maiden name so you can use freebmd to find their marriage and then trace her ancestry via the census info which can be found on wwwfamilysearch.org

Sorry for the confusion I’m trying to find out about my nans uncles who served in WW1 Charlie’s family more so as Herbert was killed in action and is buried at Hannescamps

Thanks

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 15 November 18 20:53 GMT (UK) »
Link to this post but I see there hasn't been any response form the OP.  Post is 2014 and OP hasn't been online with RC since 2016 so if they have changed their email address since then they won't receive a notification

www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=704945.msg6616561#msg6616561

From that post

Charles Fisher, born 1892 in Market Deeping, son of Henry and Dorothy Fisher.  If not Charles, one of his younger brothers, Herbert or John.

If you are looking for Charles WW1 service then the poster answers that for you

I've trawled through a load of records for Charles (and also Charles William), but I am no closer to be able to find his war record and if I knew which regiment this was it might help.  The only other thing I know is the CF was gassed in WW1 and never spoke properly again.

Over 60% of WW1 records were burnt in the WW2 blitz