Author Topic: Sky channels on Now TV stick  (Read 1568 times)

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Sky channels on Now TV stick
« on: Thursday 15 November 18 21:10 GMT (UK) »
I would like to watch Sky Arts but don't want to pay a subscription to Sky as I have no interest in the sports and not really bothered about the other channels. I already have a Fire TV stick but it doesn't look like I can get Sky channels on it. I've Googled the question and apparently if I have a Now TV stick I would be able to receive Sky channels. Does this include Sky Arts? There's a Now TV two month entertainment pass available for about a tenner, would this include Sky Arts?

Just to emphasise, it's only Sky Arts I'm interested in, wouldn't want to waste anyone's time in providing me with info about other Sky channels.  :)

Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Sky channels on Now TV stick
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 15 November 18 21:25 GMT (UK) »
Sky arts should be on the entertainment package at 7.99? Quid/month.

Look in supermarkets etc for a stick + free trial package

All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 15 November 18 21:42 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Pauline. Can I buy it just a month at a time, not necessarily consecutive months?
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 15 November 18 21:46 GMT (UK) »
We have a regular monthly entertainment package , but certainly buy sports one day/week at a time as required.

You give card details when you sign up, and don't forget to cancel before renewal
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 15 November 18 21:49 GMT (UK) »
Thank you  :)
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 18 November 18 21:31 GMT (UK) »
Just to update, I bought a Now TV stick with a two month pass for a total of £13.99 which seemed to be a pretty good deal to me.  :)  It was easy to install apart from a problem when entering the voucher code, which was resolved when I contacted Now TV in an online chat. I can get the Sky Arts channel which is what I wanted so am a very happy Rootschatter in that respect.  :D

What I'm less than happy with is the fact that I had to enter my card details despite having the voucher for two months. Why can't they just end my receiving Now TV at the end of the two months? Actually I know the answer to that, it's because they hope people will forget to cancel and they can carry on pocketing the money. That really bugs me and I don't like leaving my card details online anyway. Other than that I'm very pleased with my purchase.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham

Offline Sloe Gin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 20 November 18 12:29 GMT (UK) »
I agree, as I have had a bad experience with Now TV vouchers. 

I have bought several voucher codes from ebay sellers.  I didn't worry about this because feedback from previous customers reported no problems, and if the voucher codes hadn't worked, ebay would have refunded me.  The vouchers were accepted by Now TV every time.  I only wish I had made screenshots of that, because later I found that Now TV had charged my card for some (not all) of those periods.  They refused to refund me when I complained, and said that vouchers should only be bought from official sellers.  Fine, but in that case why were the codes accepted?  If they were not valid, they should have been refused. 

So be sure to check how much money they take from you, and take screenshots when you enter voucher codes.  I don't trust them an inch now. 
UK census content is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk  Transcriptions are my own.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 21 November 18 17:36 GMT (UK) »
I wrote a rather lengthy reply to this last night, then my battery went flat and I lost it all.  >:(

The gist of it was that the problem I had with the code was resolved when the online chat person sent me a link. Thank you for the warning about the charges, I checked my credit card and nothing has been taken. Have you contacted eBay? Because in effect the vouchers didn't work. Might be worth a try.

I bought the stick and vouchers to watch a specific series so I won't be renewing until the 2019 series has started, in fact I'll probably leave it till the whole series has aired and I can get all of the episodes.  :) It infuriates me being forced to auto renew unless you cancel, I never choose auto renew for insurances etc. These companies prey on people because they know they might forget to cancel so the company continues to get the money. Immoral behaviour in my opinion.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 21 November 18 17:38 GMT (UK) »
We have Sky Arts

rubbish

sick of the Kinks and hearing other people discuss the life and times of other people

I had hoped for wonderful ART   but I must miss it.. cos never see it..

xim   dont know who xim is.. must be a mate of mine   XIN   ::) ::) ::)   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D