Author Topic: Sky channels on Now TV stick  (Read 1571 times)

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Re: Sky channels on Now TV stick
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 21 November 18 17:46 GMT (UK) »
It was Landscape Artist of the Year I wanted it for, lots of wonderful art.  :) I've been semi binge watching it, should have plenty of time left to watch all the episodes once more.  :D
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 21 November 18 19:38 GMT (UK) »
Yes I absolutely love landscape artist of the year and portrait artist etc.. but some of the decisions that Judge makes are beyond me...

xin

Offline Sloe Gin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 21 November 18 21:21 GMT (UK) »
I wrote a rather lengthy reply to this last night, then my battery went flat and I lost it all.  >:(

The gist of it was that the problem I had with the code was resolved when the online chat person sent me a link. Thank you for the warning about the charges, I checked my credit card and nothing has been taken. Have you contacted eBay? Because in effect the vouchers didn't work. Might be worth a try.

No, it was too long after the event.  To be clear, I wasn't subscribing at the time, so it was entering the voucher code that triggered renewed access, and the code was acknowledged and accepted in exactly the same way as the code I had with my first Now TV package.  It wasn't until a few months later that I noticed they were charging my card every month. 

I had lengthy conversations with their customer service people who did seem to be trying to resolve it, but ultimately they refused to refund, claiming there was no record of those vouchers, and there was nothing I could do about it.  If only I had taken those screenshots.
UK census content is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk  Transcriptions are my own.

Offline Sloe Gin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 24 November 18 13:15 GMT (UK) »
I will say this for NowTV, they do tempting offers when you leave.  And they don't give up easily.

A few months ago they emailed me an offer of a month's Entertainment pass for £1.  I took this as there was a series I wanted to catch up on.  I cancelled when the month was up and they then offered me a further 3 months at half-price.  I accepted that.  It runs out in a few days, so I cancelled it yesterday.  I was offered further reductions but stuck to my guns.

Today I've received an email offering me 3 months for the price of one - that's £2.64 a month.  I won't notice that, so they've got me again!  I'll be sure to keep all the correspondence and screenshots though.  At this rate I'll gradually claw back the money they conned charged me.  ;)
UK census content is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk  Transcriptions are my own.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 24 November 18 17:07 GMT (UK) »
Great to hear you've got such great deals SG  :D At those sort of prices I might renew when Portrait Artist of the year comes on, will make sure I take a screenshot if and when I renew!

Must admit the Now TV stick gives me better playback that the Firestick. Fast forwarding and rewinding is very straightforward, no buffering when I get to the place I want. It's actually against my principles to pay for any TV but I was happy to make an exception for this one programme, if I work it out as cost per episode it's very little. Hours of enjoyment.  :D
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales