Author Topic: HARRY JAMES & DOROTHY MAY PARKER NEE BEALE  (Read 4651 times)

Offline bbart

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: HARRY JAMES & DOROTHY MAY PARKER NEE BEALE
« Reply #36 on: Sunday 18 November 18 08:05 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the summary, Sandra.... my eyes aren't what they used to be for scanning posts!

The father of Harry was given in the original post as Tom Benson Parker.  I found a newspaper article on him regarding the tragic death of one of his sons, Walter, in 1912 (if I remember correctly), and it just doesn't strike me as a family that would have to send their kids off...  ???

Back to the drawing board!

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Sunday 18 November 18 08:16 GMT (UK) »
No we don't think that the Harry who married Dorothy Nidd and lived and passed in Calgary is the one the poster is looking for. There is nothing to suggest that Harry James Parker born 1894 son of Tom Benson Parker was in Canada so far.
Dorothy Nidd mentions her brother on the Canada Ocean arrivals form - that looks like Mr J Nidd of Primrose Hill (which could be James or John Nidd)  -   

The sister mentioned in the obituary of Isabel Mary Nee Nidd Chalmers I think must be Rosina Nidd born Q2 - 1892 London - 1a 637

Rosina married Sydney J Hyder - Decmber 1921.

Nidd    Rosina    Hyder    Godstone    2a   513

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Sunday 18 November 18 08:53 GMT (UK) »
Whilst waiting for the exact birth date of Dorothy Beale Parker.............

Wonder if this is a possibility for her passing  ??? Might be a long shot but.................

Dorothy M Parker - 1897 - aged 44 years -  Registration Date Jun 1941 - Bromley Kent.
Volume 2a - Page 1612

GRO gives - Dorothy May Parker - aged  44  years   
GRO Reference: 1941  J Quarter in Bromley  Volume 02A  Page 1612

The marriage of daughter Lilian nee Parker (born 6-2-1918 - Hackney)  nee Allan to George R Gardiner took place in Bromley Kent in June 1941 

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline bbart

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Sunday 18 November 18 09:56 GMT (UK) »
Whilst waiting for the exact birth date of Dorothy Beale Parker.............

Wonder if this is a possibility for her passing  ??? Might be a long shot but.................

Dorothy M Parker - 1897 - aged 44 years -  Registration Date Jun 1941 - Bromley Kent.
Volume 2a - Page 1612

GRO gives - Dorothy May Parker - aged  44  years   
GRO Reference: 1941  J Quarter in Bromley  Volume 02A  Page 1612

The marriage of daughter Lilian nee Parker (born 6-2-1918 - Hackney)  nee Allan to George R Gardiner took place in Bromley Kent in June 1941 

Sandra

You did it!

Guess who  Lilian V Allen/Roberts/Gardiner is living with in the 1939!!!

(Can I say who? I know there is rules about saying anything from the 1939?)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Sunday 18 November 18 10:05 GMT (UK) »

Very good - your with us now.
No we can't give details from that 1939 register.

Going back to reply 17, polarbear just beat me to mention what was in the 1939 free index. 
However, we have been able to find out a little more since then.

Sandra

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Sunday 18 November 18 10:08 GMT (UK) »

Going back to reply 20 - I was speculating that maybe they had all gone to Canada after 1939 or 1941 in Lilians case. If that is the death of the mother then, perhaps the younger daughter married a Canadian serviceman and that's where the talk of Canada comes in.  :P

Sandra

Offline bbart

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Sunday 18 November 18 10:10 GMT (UK) »
Well, if the Calgary Parkers ever do their family tree, you've given them a good head start!

Apologies to Polarbear for missing that post!

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Sunday 18 November 18 10:12 GMT (UK) »
Its easily done when we start mounting the pages up.  ;)

I haven't found a remarriage for Lilian to a Roberts ?  Nor a death for a Lilian with that birth date.  :-\
Or anything further on Dorothy M Parker 1916. (I'm hoping someone with access to Fold 3 - might see if there is any info on Harry Parkers discharge papers.Only got what is in reply 14 at mo  :-\
Which was another reason for speculating the daughters may have gone to Canada.

Sandra

Offline bbart

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Sunday 18 November 18 10:16 GMT (UK) »
I haven't found a remarriage for Lilian to a Roberts ?  Nor a death for a Lilian with that birth date.  :-\
Which was another reason for speculating the daughters may have gone to Canada.

Sandra

I just took another look.... they ran out of room for new surnames for her.... try "Fox", it's crammed into the next column, and although they have used the different coloured inks, I can't match any surname to a date, so the order of names is going to be a chore.

EDIT  it should be Fox as the last one.... the others are crossed out