Author Topic: HARRY JAMES & DOROTHY MAY PARKER NEE BEALE  (Read 4629 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: HARRY JAMES & DOROTHY MAY PARKER NEE BEALE
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 17 November 18 04:38 GMT (UK) »

Canadian passenger lists shows a Dorothy Nidd - born 1896 - Liverpool to Quebec on the Minnedosa - to marry H J Parker.

Back to the drawing board looking for Harry James Parker son of Tom Benson Parker.  :-\

Sandra

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 17 November 18 04:42 GMT (UK) »
I, too, have been wondering about the apparent differences and whether Henry was a Home Child who ended up with the Taylor family. There are a Henry and a John Parker ages 7 and 5 as visitors in a household in Sussex (if I remember correctly) in the 1901 census. They were from the Barnardo Home. Unfortunately it doesn't give a birth place for the boys.

A Henry J and a John M ages 11 and 9 are on a ship to Canada in 1905 which differs a bit to 1904 but I would think this is probably the same John.

Reading through this John's service file, you will find his mother listed as a Mrs Ford. GRO index has what looks like births for these 2 boys as Ford, mmn Parker.....Henry James and John Michael, RD Christchurch, which is where Bournemouth can be found.

Something doesn't seem to add up, or something?

PB

Added: your last posts have arrived while I was typing this one, *Sandra*, so I will post it. As you say, back to the drawing board.....doesn't look like this is the correct Harry and Dorothy.
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 17 November 18 13:24 GMT (UK) »

Didn't see a birth record for a Harry James Parker (1894) son of Tom Benson Parker  ??? On the census 1901/1911 he was plain Harry Parker  ??? Birth on both those census was 1894  ???

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 17 November 18 13:37 GMT (UK) »
Nor did I. I think we need the OP to come along and clarify things?

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 17 November 18 13:40 GMT (UK) »
Would be very helpful  ;)

Thomas Benson Parker married Fanny Steel - 31 January 1880 - West Parade Chapel, Wakefield.

Harry Parker - mothers maiden surname Steel.
GRO Reference: 1891  D Quarter in Wakefield Volume 09C  Page 62

Sandra

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 17 November 18 13:47 GMT (UK) »
This could be a possible for the "soldier in Yorkshire regiment"  :-\ Haven't got a fold 3 membership to find out any more.

UK, WWI Pension Ledgers and Index Cards

Pte Harry Parker - Birth Date 1892 - Residence Place Wakefield
Military Service Region North East, England
Discharge Date 26 Sep 1917 - Service Number 17453
Regiment:   K.O.Y.L.I. (Kings Own Yorkshire Light Infantry)
Reference Number:   109681/H, 4/MP/No.3862

Sandra

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 17 November 18 14:11 GMT (UK) »
I don't subscribe to fold3 either.

This possible miltary record and birth make more sense given the originally posted info.

PB

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 17 November 18 14:22 GMT (UK) »

Would be interested to see what else that record said - discharge date was 26 September 1917 - so he should be married by that point. (Q1 - 1915 - Maidenhead - 2c 781)

Sandra

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 17 November 18 15:03 GMT (UK) »
We are not allowed to post from the 1939 Register but using the free index gives a Harry b. 1891 and Dorothy b. 1897. Possible daughter Lillian appears to have married an Allan. She can be found in the index. All are in Kent.

The OP would need to look up the image for birth details to clarify.

I think this might be the family.

PB