Author Topic: HARRY JAMES & DOROTHY MAY PARKER NEE BEALE  (Read 4641 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: HARRY JAMES & DOROTHY MAY PARKER NEE BEALE
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 17 November 18 15:15 GMT (UK) »
I did start to look at this and almost posted earlier but got side tracked.  ???

Lilian V Parker - Registration Date 1918 - Hackney - Greater London
1918 - Mother's Maiden Name Beale - 1b 608

Free BMD - Lillian V Parker -  Beale    Hackney    1b   602

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 17 November 18 15:19 GMT (UK) »

Lilian V Parker -   Oct-Nov-Dec 1936 - Bromley - Kent
Spouse Peter A Allan - 2a 1779

Lilian V Allan -    Apr-May-Jun 1942 - Bromley Kent - Spouse George R Gardiner
2a 2391

Sandra

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 17 November 18 16:41 GMT (UK) »
June 1916

Parker    Dorothy M    Beale    Maidenhead    2c   751

Polarbear - You don't suppose they all went to Canada after 1940   ??? Can't see any trace of Harry, Dorothy or Lilian under the birth dates and years.  ???
Perhaps one of the daughters married a Canadian serviceman   ???  Really guessing until we get more info  ???

Sandra

Offline anpefa1

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 17 November 18 21:42 GMT (UK) »
many thanks to you for your tremendous efforts.

I agree that some info goes in the correct direction but then migrates to different confusing tangents.

Henry/Harry is commonly used but I have no reference to Henry in this instance.

the UK 1911 census, the marriage cert and the Canadian document refer to Harry.

I have Dorothy May (my wife's Great Aunt) on the 1901 and 1911 UK census and her birth and marriage certs so May 1897 and March 1915 is correct.
Harry is 21 and Dorothy 18.

the 1911 UK census shows that Harry's age as 19, the Canadian document shows Harry is 26 and Dorothy 25 (my copy of the document is microscopic so..) the date of immigration shows 1920 for Dorothy and 1904 (albeit heavily gone over) for Harry! hence if he visited previously there may be relatives involved as he would have been quite young then.

Fanny Steel is most likely as a match for the Wakefield 1911 census and the BMD name points to the Harry DOB.

the marriage cert indicates Harry is or was attached to the King's own Yorks light artillery regt. so another +.

Dorothy Nidd is a red herring as I believe is Lilian as well. so far all I have is Dorothy May born 1916 
in Berkshire, Maidenhead being the family stamping ground.

the Bournemouth/Southampton connection is extremely confusing and I have disregarded this for now.

the death notice is eerie as we live in Queens Park !!!

I'll be back, as your man says.

Tony
uk. beale, bateman, buss, bacon, pratt, purssell, reynolds, stamford, sumpter, sailsbury, turner, white nee phillips.
eire. carroll, connor, cronin, daly, fellowes, fitzgerald, gaynor, girvan, keogh, meade, moroney, reilly, whelan, white, winterlich.
scotland: mcavoy

Offline anpefa1

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 17 November 18 21:53 GMT (UK) »
furthermore, off the original track, we not only live in an area of the same name as indicated in the death notice but also a minutes walk from the local cemetery, spooky coincidence or what!

Tony   
uk. beale, bateman, buss, bacon, pratt, purssell, reynolds, stamford, sumpter, sailsbury, turner, white nee phillips.
eire. carroll, connor, cronin, daly, fellowes, fitzgerald, gaynor, girvan, keogh, meade, moroney, reilly, whelan, white, winterlich.
scotland: mcavoy

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 18 November 18 00:14 GMT (UK) »
Are you telling us that that Harry and Dorothy did definitely not live in Orpington Kent in 1939  ???
It could be a massive coincidence that they have the same names and years of birth  :-\

If it is the Wakefield connection where does the middle name "James" come from - it is not in any other documentation so far ?

You seem to be aware of a possible daughter Dorothy M Parker born 1916 but failed to mention her ?  She doesn't seem to appear on any passenger list to Canada so far ?

Sandra

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 18 November 18 06:52 GMT (UK) »

What is the exact date of birth on the birth certificate for Dorothy Beale ?

Sandra

Online bbart

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 18 November 18 07:04 GMT (UK) »
I've been following this, and getting quite confused!  And this might just add to the confusion, but the attached obit for Dorothy from the Calgary Herald, 24 Dec 1962 indicates a sister, Rose Hyder.  Rose Hyder's marriage shows her maiden name as Waterman....
There is also a mention of a niece:

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 18 November 18 07:08 GMT (UK) »

Oh, interesting.....more clues to investigate.........   ;)

Sandra