Author Topic: HARRY JAMES & DOROTHY MAY PARKER NEE BEALE  (Read 4626 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: HARRY JAMES & DOROTHY MAY PARKER NEE BEALE
« Reply #63 on: Sunday 18 November 18 11:48 GMT (UK) »
John Parker, bachelor married Hilda Crofts, spinster - both were aged 23 years - Alverthorpe, St Paul, Yorkshire - John was an iron-moulder of 6 Garden Street Wakefield - father Tom Benson Parker - Carter -
Hilda's father William Crofts (deceased carter) 
Witness was Fred Parker and Lillian Crofts.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Sunday 18 November 18 11:50 GMT (UK) »

John Parker - born about 1898 and aged 48 years - passed away March 1946 - Wakefield - 9c 47

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Sunday 18 November 18 20:23 GMT (UK) »
Wow!!! And wow again!!!

I go away for the weekend and come back to find 6 more pages on this thread! Great work everyone.

It will take me a bit of time to digest everything but with a quick run through I do agree that Harry and Dorothy remained in England. I didn't know how far I would be allowed to go with posting about the 1939 Register but it certainly appeared that they were in Orpington.

And I still think the Harry/Henry who came to Canada about 1904/5 was possibly a Home Child. He served in the Canadian forces in WW1 and ended up with an amputated lower leg. I would suspect that he met Dorothy while in England and she followed him to Canada.

PB

We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Sunday 18 November 18 21:11 GMT (UK) »

We haven't found the first born daughter yet (Dorothy May Parker - born Maidenhead)   ;)

Or Harry Parker 8-11-1891  ;)

Sandra

Offline anpefa1

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Sunday 18 November 18 21:41 GMT (UK) »
hello friends

what can I say? I take the proverbial hat off to you and extend my gratitude for the impressive effort you have made on our behalf, if it was not for your expertise we would still be wasting precious time looking in the wrong direction. 

I certainly was barking up the wrong tree, I have more than sufficient information to enable me to eventually complete that chapter of the family tree to the extent that I can mark this request as complete.

all enjoy the well earned ZZZZZZZ

Tony 

uk. beale, bateman, buss, bacon, pratt, purssell, reynolds, stamford, sumpter, sailsbury, turner, white nee phillips.
eire. carroll, connor, cronin, daly, fellowes, fitzgerald, gaynor, girvan, keogh, meade, moroney, reilly, whelan, white, winterlich.
scotland: mcavoy

Offline anpefa1

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Sunday 18 November 18 21:45 GMT (UK) »
Apologies to those chatters who took the time to read the post, my thanks goes out to you all as well.

Tony
uk. beale, bateman, buss, bacon, pratt, purssell, reynolds, stamford, sumpter, sailsbury, turner, white nee phillips.
eire. carroll, connor, cronin, daly, fellowes, fitzgerald, gaynor, girvan, keogh, meade, moroney, reilly, whelan, white, winterlich.
scotland: mcavoy

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Monday 19 November 18 09:21 GMT (UK) »
Delighted we could help and managed to break down the brick wall. A good team effort. Happy Hunting.

All the best
Sandra