Author Topic: Charting software  (Read 739 times)

Offline CarolA3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My adopted home
    • View Profile
Re: Charting software
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 20 November 18 08:31 GMT (UK) »
I can't see where anyone called 'Kay' has posted, but then I can't see anything rude or offensive here either :-\

It's possible to put people on an 'ignore' list I believe.  Can anyone remember how to do that?

Carol
OXFORDSHIRE / BERKSHIRE
Bullock, Cooper, Boler/Bowler, Wright, Robinson, Lee, Prior, Trinder, Newman, Walklin, Louch

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Ray T

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 20 November 18 09:17 GMT (UK) »
I can't see where anyone called 'Kay' has posted, but then I can't see anything rude or offensive here either :-\

It's possible to put people on an 'ignore' list I believe.  Can anyone remember how to do that?

Carol

I think you’ll find it wa “KGarrad” - and, for what it’s worth, I thought much the same as the OP.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 20 November 18 09:52 GMT (UK) »
If you check what I wrote, I was paraphrasing a comment from the OP! ;D

My comment:
I am not prepared to use Apple/Mac under any circumstances.

Original comment:
I am not prepared to use Windows under any circumstances, so any suggestions for the Mac?

If you think my comment was inappropriate/rude, suggest you have a look at the original comment too.
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Greaves

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 20 November 18 10:11 GMT (UK) »
If you don't want to help, simply don't reply rather than posting your prejudices. My original post was a request for help for a Mac user. I was not derogatory about Windows, I merely said that I did not want to use it. This is partly because I am heavily invested in the Mac system, partly because of previous poor experience with Windows.

Given your obvious Windows bias, you obviously know nothing about Mac software. So why post in a thread about Mac software. Your opening line about wanting to help followed by a but was deliberately unhelpful and clearly intended to start a Mac v Windows argument. If your intention was to be witty or funny then you failed on both accounts.

In the future please refrain from posting on threads started by me as I find you unhelpful, rude and rather sad.

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 20 November 18 11:18 GMT (UK) »

I have decided to go with the draw program in Open Office, which is free and does what I want.

Now Greaves has posted their own solution, I am locking this topic to prevent further replies which are not in the spirit of Rootschat.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea