Author Topic: Charting software  (Read 1490 times)

Offline CarolA3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My adopted home
    • View Profile
Re: Charting software
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 20 November 18 08:31 GMT (UK) »
I can't see where anyone called 'Kay' has posted, but then I can't see anything rude or offensive here either :-\

It's possible to put people on an 'ignore' list I believe.  Can anyone remember how to do that?

Carol
OXFORDSHIRE / BERKSHIRE
Bullock, Cooper, Boler/Bowler, Wright, Robinson, Lee, Prior, Trinder, Newman, Walklin, Louch

Offline Ray T

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 20 November 18 09:17 GMT (UK) »
I can't see where anyone called 'Kay' has posted, but then I can't see anything rude or offensive here either :-\

It's possible to put people on an 'ignore' list I believe.  Can anyone remember how to do that?

Carol

I think you’ll find it wa “KGarrad” - and, for what it’s worth, I thought much the same as the OP.

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 20 November 18 09:52 GMT (UK) »
If you check what I wrote, I was paraphrasing a comment from the OP! ;D

My comment:
I am not prepared to use Apple/Mac under any circumstances.

Original comment:
I am not prepared to use Windows under any circumstances, so any suggestions for the Mac?

If you think my comment was inappropriate/rude, suggest you have a look at the original comment too.
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Greaves

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 20 November 18 10:11 GMT (UK) »
If you don't want to help, simply don't reply rather than posting your prejudices. My original post was a request for help for a Mac user. I was not derogatory about Windows, I merely said that I did not want to use it. This is partly because I am heavily invested in the Mac system, partly because of previous poor experience with Windows.

Given your obvious Windows bias, you obviously know nothing about Mac software. So why post in a thread about Mac software. Your opening line about wanting to help followed by a but was deliberately unhelpful and clearly intended to start a Mac v Windows argument. If your intention was to be witty or funny then you failed on both accounts.

In the future please refrain from posting on threads started by me as I find you unhelpful, rude and rather sad.

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 20 November 18 11:18 GMT (UK) »

I have decided to go with the draw program in Open Office, which is free and does what I want.

Now Greaves has posted their own solution, I am locking this topic to prevent further replies which are not in the spirit of Rootschat.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea