Author Topic: John Thomas CASH, b. 1897 Broughton  (Read 466 times)

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Thomas CASH, b. 1897 Broughton
« Reply #27 on: Monday 19 November 18 14:41 GMT (UK) »
Looks likely.

Roger

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 19 November 18 14:47 GMT (UK) »
Pont y blew was/is only a small collection of scattered houses around the banks of the Ceiriog before it joined the Dee. We used to go for walks down there and then over a humped bridge and up a steep lane to Ifton Colliery and on to St Martins.

The Forge itself had about 4-6 terraced cottages adjacent to it. My mother's mother was born there. I have quite a few photos of it.

Interesting that one of my father's relatives (via the Cash family) lived there too.

Gadget

Just found a tiny picture that I took of the houses at the Forge, Pont y blew:

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 19 November 18 17:07 GMT (UK) »
Charming photo,Gadget,has a timeless quality about it.

Roger

Online JamesDMcBust

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 19 November 18 17:14 GMT (UK) »

I agree - lovely photo. 

Thanks guys - I couldn't have done it without you all.   ;)

Be prepared to hear from me again!

Andrea

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 19 November 18 17:17 GMT (UK) »

I donít know if this has any relevance,but there is a will at NLW for James Cash,Halton,Chirk,1844.
GRO record gives him as 75.

Roger

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 19 November 18 17:36 GMT (UK) »
The tithe maps also have some fields occupied by a Thomas Cash;  close to Black Park/Halton -I  think he's one of ours. Not sure about the James. I'll need to delve into my notes. Also will have a read of it. Thanks for the ref.

I researched this line in the old days when the info online was sparce. LDS info on Chirk was very limited so had to get info from Denbighshire  Archives and Aberystwyth.   I also had help from my local contacts and Clwyd FHS members and booklets. 

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 19 November 18 17:48 GMT (UK) »
Not sure that he's one of ours;

Buried 11th January 1844m Chirk I must have looked at him before as it has a tick opposite it. Maybe it was for the young James Parry, who was on the same page.

Also

James Cash bpt 8 April 1769, St Martins. Parents - John (carpenter) and Ester. I assume that's the ref to the land at Rhosweil in the will. 

Gadget

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 19 November 18 17:53 GMT (UK) »
A bit more in my notes:

1762 Edward Cash bpt st Martins s of Richard  (carpenter) and Mary
1765 Ann Francis bpt Ruabon d of Thomas and Ann

Richard  and Mary also had a son, John, bpt 1759, St Martins. Abode - Rhos y Llan. Daughter, Martha, 1749, daughter Mary 1746, Margaret, 1755, Ann 1758, Thomas 1744, Catherine 1752,

Possible death for Richard, St M, 1808, aged 92 (Ifton, so ties in with Rhos y Llan). Mary - 1784 and 88 but no info.

Just putting it up for ref.