Author Topic: John Harris -bn1781 Glass Manufacturer Birmingham  (Read 1363 times)

Offline Katie Steele

• RootsChat Member
  • G.Grandparents Charles and Elizabeth Steele
    • View Profile
Re: John Harris -bn1781 Glass Manufacturer Birmingham
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 18 November 18 22:35 GMT (UK) »
Sorry another post....

To confirm my findings of John Harris' parents even more... I have now found his brother in law John Smith, his wife is Letitia and I have found a marriage 1814, in Worcester. Also in the household in 1841 is a Susannah Pemberton. Which I am assuming is Letitia's sister.
There are baptisms for all these to the Thomas and Susannah who i believe to be John Harris' parents.

Steele - Wellington, Drayton in Hales, Woodseaves - Shropshire <br />Jones - Montgomeryshire (Llanidloes and Llangurig)<br />Ball - Dawley, Shropshire <br />Williams - Dawley<br />Ray/Rea/Reay - Dawley, Shropshire, Bromsgrove, Worcs <br />Evans - Dawley, Horsehay<br />Halford - Dawley, Broseley, More, Clun<br />Harris - Little Wenlock, Birmingham, Feckenham<br />Paterson - Aberdeen<br />Skinner - Aberdeen

Offline alanthornton

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Harris -bn1781 Glass Manufacturer Birmingham
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 01 December 18 11:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Katie.  I come to this from the angle of researching glassmakers (specifically paperweight makers) in the Birmingham / Stourbridge area in the mid 19th century, with the hope that someone has an item passed down within the family.  However, I think that John and Thomas Harris were owners of the Belmont Glass Works, Banbury Street, Birmingham around 1820.  By 1845 that was now owned by William Gammon & Son.  Hope this helps, Alan.