Author Topic: Elizabeth Haycock  (Read 2171 times)

Online RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Haycock
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 18 November 18 15:59 GMT (UK) »
Benjamin's obit from 1945 says brother William is living in Birmingham England. 

I don't think you posted his birth year ... but there are several possibilities on Free BMD for deaths of William Haycocks in Birmingham post 1945.

RK

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 18 November 18 16:03 GMT (UK) »
Benjamin's obit from 1945 says brother William is living in Birmingham England. 

I don't think you posted his birth year ... but there are several possibilities on Free BMD for deaths of William Haycocks in Birmingham post 1945.

RK

1896  RK - Hmm think I spotted something of interest in Birmingham.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 18 November 18 16:04 GMT (UK) »
Samuel Haycock married Annie Schram - 31 Oct 1899 Elgin Ontario.
Father Samuel and Elizbeth Haycock

On Canada Voters List 1935 Samuel and Elizabeth Haycock and Samuel Haycock retired in 1945 - no Elizabeth on the 1945

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Online RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 18 November 18 16:18 GMT (UK) »
Headstone says Annie died in 1940, but there is no death date for Samuel.  I wonder if he moved/remarried.

If we knew when and where he died - perhaps his obit could be found?   
RK

Offline Treefan

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 18 November 18 16:20 GMT (UK) »
Benjamin Haycock obituary...very hard to read at first, but then it comes in to focus.  Give it a little time :).   No mention of sister Elizabeth.   Does mention that he is survived by brothers Samuel, John and William.

http://www.communitydigitalarchives.com/huntsville-forester/1945-10-04/1/newspapers.html#

RK
That is so interesting. I believe that Benjamin had 11 siblings and i am presently awaiting to receive birth & death certificates which I have ordered to confirm the details.
When Benjamin passed away the brothers mentioned as being his family members who had outlived him are the only ones known to me as then still being alive and it is correct that his older brother William who was born & always lived in Birmingham was one of them. So, this proves that he kept up contact with his family in Birmingham to know this. Interesting.
I am puzzled at present as to the reason why the youngest four children became Home Children ~ the older siblings had either passed away or had married so I wonder why their parents had to give them up? I know that their parents hadn't passed away as although I have not been able to find their 1891 census they appeared alive and well in the 1901 census.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 18 November 18 16:22 GMT (UK) »
Headstone says Annie died in 1940, but there is no death date for Samuel.  I wonder if he moved/remarried.

If we knew when and where he died - perhaps his obit could be found?   
RK

Do we know where she might be buried RK.  Well done on Benjamin obit.

Sandra

Offline Treefan

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 18 November 18 16:24 GMT (UK) »

1896  RK - Hmm think I spotted something of interest in Birmingham.

Sandra
[/quote]
I am intrigued now what you have found? I have been searching the records but could it be that fresh eyes have spotted something that I have overlooked?

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 18 November 18 16:28 GMT (UK) »
William Haycock - 9 October 1897 - passed away June 1975 - Birmingham -    32 - Page 0983
Might have had a wife Florence  (12 January 1894) ???
Florence passed away March 1981 - Birmingham - vol 32 - 1860
IF it was correct a William Haycock married Florence Truran - Kings Norton Warwickshire - 6d 252  ???
One to prove or disprove  ;)

Sandra

Offline Treefan

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 18 November 18 16:35 GMT (UK) »
William Haycock - 9 October 1897 - passed away June 1975 - Birmingham -    32 - Page 0983
Might have had a wife Florence  (12 January 1894) ???
Florence passed away March 1981 - Birmingham - vol 32 - 1860
IF it was correct a William Haycock married Florence Truran - Kings Norton Warwickshire - 6d 252  ???
One to prove or disprove  ;)

Sandra
Brother William was born in Birmingham in 1863. He married Kate Griffin in 1896 and they went on to have a son named William Henry Haycock who was the young lad who became a Home Child who was sent out to Nova Scotia in 1907.
Benjamin's brother William passed away in Birmingham in 1947.