Author Topic: Help with parents names  (Read 1735 times)

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
Re: Help with parents names
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 18 November 18 16:27 GMT (UK) »
Is this a Scottish Death Certificate?

In Scotland, they often use the unmarried (nee) surnames on Headstones even when they were married, I've just been looking at some Scottish M.I.

Some were not officially married and were relationships by habit and repute.

Mark

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 18 November 18 16:30 GMT (UK) »
I see from the 1871 that she was born Stirlingshire and on the 1861, Dunbartonshire circa 1834/36. Have you checker for a baptism?
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 18 November 18 16:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I've seen the copy in the link now and uncertain if my comment was relevant, Mark

Offline Robdev019

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 18 November 18 17:05 GMT (UK) »
She was in both the census mentions and the area of Dumbartonshire I think borders Stirlingshire. I have tried finding her baptism records on Scotlands people and keep coming up blank. I have a date of 1836 for her birth. I found this death certificate on Scotlands people. The informant of the death was William Devine her husband. I am completely at a loss.  :'(

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 18 November 18 17:20 GMT (UK) »
I can't find a marriage for them or registrations for the children, Eliza(beth) and Joseph. Do you have anything on these events that might give some info -even a marriage for one of the children  :-\
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 18 November 18 17:21 GMT (UK) »
While looking for info on FS, I did find a Catherine Corrigan married to an  Edward Devine. Are you sure her ms was Corrigan?

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 18 November 18 17:41 GMT (UK) »
Just wondering where you found that she'd died circa 1886 and that her MS was Corrigan?  Maybe someone later on gave the wrong info  :-\

Add - not found any Catherine and Ronald McQueen in Stirlingshire or Dunbartonshire on the 1841 - may have missed them but .......

Online Millmoor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 18 November 18 17:54 GMT (UK) »
There are these births showing on Familysearch

Elizabeth Devine 5 June 1859 Cathcart Parents William Devine and Catherine McCallum

Joseph Divine 16 March 1861 Cathcart Parents William Divine and Catherine McCallum (SP also shows this birth with surname Divine).

James Devine 30 Sept 1863 Mearns, Renfrewshire Parents William Devine and Catherine Corrigan

Marriages William Divine and Catherine McCallum 4 March 1859 Cathcart

William Devine and Catherine Corrigan 19 Nov 1854 Mearns.

Can you indicate where the family you are interested in are in 1881? I seem to have the family that Gadget found in 1871.

William

Added - there is also a birth for a James Devine 22 Aug 1857 in Mearns with parents Wiliam Devine and Catherine Corrigan
Dent (Haltwhistle and Sacriston), Bell and Jetson (Haltwhistle), Postle, Ward, Longstaff, Purvis, Manners, Parnaby and Hardy (Co. Durham), Kennedy and McRobert (Banffshire), Reid(Bathgate), Watson (Wemyss), Graham (Libberton), Sandilands (Carmichael), Munro (Dingwall)

Offline Robdev019

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 18 November 18 18:55 GMT (UK) »
WOW lots of questions... Both William Devine and Catherine Corrigan married in 1854 at Barrhead this is not the marriage that is recorded in Mearns on the 19th. Their children are James 1857-1859, Elizabeth 1860?, Joseph 1861, Helen 1863?, and James 1863. I have his birth certificate and the marriage is recorded as 1854 Barrhead. I have the death certificate of Catherine who died 7 April 1884 at the Royal Infirmary Glasgow. I cannot find any of them on the 1881 census. Very strange.