Author Topic: Howard family in Lambeth  (Read 1264 times)

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Howard family in Lambeth
« Reply #9 on: Monday 19 November 18 09:21 GMT (UK) »
It's quite easy - on Home Page click on 'Search'  button on top line of page, which brings up a white box to specify which set of records you want to search and click on Birth, marriage, death and parish records (or from Home Page you can click on Advanced Search at bottom of the 'Search all records' section, then click Birth, marriage, death and parish records.  It all comes down to your personal choice which method you choose).

Once in B,M, D and parish records, click on 'Parish Baptisms' - on the search screen that comes up I simply entered surname as Howard and ticked name variants, then alongside the 'Where, Britain' box I entered Great Ashfield, Suffolk.   (Didn't fill anything else in as knew it was a small parish but if it was a very common surname and was searching in a large town or city I would have narrowed it down by entering a year in the Date of Birth field with give or take which ever was applicable and if known enter parents Christian names).   

This shows 27 results - click on 'View 27 results' and voila!

Annette

Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Edward Skylover

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 19 November 18 16:27 GMT (UK) »
It's quite easy - on Home Page click on 'Search'  button on top line of page, which brings up a white box to specify which set of records you want to search and click on Birth, marriage, death and parish records (or from Home Page you can click on Advanced Search at bottom of the 'Search all records' section, then click Birth, marriage, death and parish records.  It all comes down to your personal choice which method you choose).

Once in B,M, D and parish records, click on 'Parish Baptisms' - on the search screen that comes up I simply entered surname as Howard and ticked name variants, then alongside the 'Where, Britain' box I entered Great Ashfield, Suffolk.   (Didn't fill anything else in as knew it was a small parish but if it was a very common surname and was searching in a large town or city I would have narrowed it down by entering a year in the Date of Birth field with give or take which ever was applicable and if known enter parents Christian names).   

This shows 27 results - click on 'View 27 results' and voila!

Annette

Thanks Annette, very much appreciated!  ;D

Offline Andrew Howard

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 14 October 21 12:46 BST (UK) »
Just stumbled across this thread while trying to look for bits myself.
The James Howard you are referring to as deceased 1859 had a Son also called James in 1837 who in turn had another Son James Edward (23rd Jan 1864) Who had a Son Albert 12th Apr 1904), my Grandfather.

Andrew