Author Topic: Genes Reunited in trouble  (Read 1576 times)

Offline chris_49

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Unknown Father - swiving then vanishing since 1750
    • View Profile
Re: Genes Reunited in trouble
« Reply #9 on: Monday 19 November 18 13:40 GMT (UK) »
Just let me into my tree. Seems to be working OK. Fingers crossed.
Skelcey (Skelsey Skelcy Skeley Shelsey Kelcy Skelcher) - Warks, Yorks, Lancs <br />Hancox - Warks<br />Green - Warks<br />Draper - Warks<br />Lynes - Warks<br />Hudson - Warks<br />Morris - Denbs Mont Salop <br />Davies - Cheshire, North Wales<br />Fellowes - Cheshire, Denbighshire<br />Owens - Cheshire/North Wales<br />Hicks - Cornwall<br />Lloyd and Jones (Mont)<br />Rhys/Rees (Mont)

Offline chris_49

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 19 November 18 14:00 GMT (UK) »
  and now the email telling me it's up and running arrives. The red "Not Secure" text in the URL has gone too
Skelcey (Skelsey Skelcy Skeley Shelsey Kelcy Skelcher) - Warks, Yorks, Lancs <br />Hancox - Warks<br />Green - Warks<br />Draper - Warks<br />Lynes - Warks<br />Hudson - Warks<br />Morris - Denbs Mont Salop <br />Davies - Cheshire, North Wales<br />Fellowes - Cheshire, Denbighshire<br />Owens - Cheshire/North Wales<br />Hicks - Cornwall<br />Lloyd and Jones (Mont)<br />Rhys/Rees (Mont)

Offline medpat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 19 November 18 14:01 GMT (UK) »
Copied from a friends Facebook page

Genes Reunited

Hi all, this is being looked into just now. However, if you click Advanced and then choose the Genes Reunited URL you will be able to access the site

Others on GR have sent emails and not been answered.
GEDmatch M157477

Offline chris_49

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 19 November 18 14:04 GMT (UK) »
Strangely F M P are not acknowledging them on their site, I am sure they used to

Other Findmypast sites: Lives of the First World War The British Newspaper Archive
©2018 Findmypast.

BNA still mentions them

I'm puzzled about the lack of co-ordination between the two D C Thomson owned sites. For instance you're invited to set up a tree with FindMyPast but these are not linked to GR trees that I can see. But if you do look-ups on GR, either by PAYG or the high-rate subscription, you get FindMyPast records. I wonder if they're keeping it separate with a view to selling it on later.