Author Topic: Du Plessis & Viljoen  (Read 641 times)

Offline Jaco Brill

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Du Plessis & Viljoen
« on: Monday 19 November 18 13:30 GMT (UK) »
Good day

I am looking for information about my grandfather and grandmother

Grandfather was Cornelius Francois Christiaan Du Plessis (Known as Corrie), he had a few brothers and sisters, I remember one brother, Oom Gert. Their father was Andries Stephanus Du Plessis. That is the furthest I could go back

My Grandmother, his wife, was Naomi Viljoen. That is all I know. I think her one sister is Duifie Wood, and the other was Noams Rademeyer, married to Gideon Rademyer, If I remember correctly

Please help!

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Du Plessis & Viljoen
« Reply #1 on: Monday 19 November 18 13:34 GMT (UK) »
CORNELIUS FRANCOIS CHRISTIAAN   DU PLESSIS   Death 1923

https://www.identitynumber.org/research/death-records-results.php?id=3353035
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline TreeSpirit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 23 November 18 06:29 GMT (UK) »
@Jaco

Do you have any locations and dates?

Offline Gillian Mauchan

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Eliza Warr c 1900 Found her she lied about her age
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 07 December 18 04:09 GMT (UK) »
you can look this up on gendatabase.com - but you will need to pay - the data comes from the Population records
CORNELIUS FRANCOIS CHRISTIAAN   DU PLESSIS      1946-05-29   MARRIAGE DATABASE
I think this is their marriage date - but without a valid subscription I cannot confirm wether or not they have a location for the marriage   
This may be Naomi's birth Date
NAOMI   DU PLESSIS   VILJOEN   1927-05-29   DEATHS DATABASE if you pay you will find her Death Date and location
These records could be Cornelius
CORNELIUS FRANCOIS CHRISTIAAN   DU PLESSIS      1923-04-18   DEATHS DATABASE   View Record
CORNELIUS FRANCOIS CHRISTIAAN   DU PLESSIS      2005-03-26   MARRIAGE DATABASE   Signup to View
CORNELIUS FRANCOIS CHRISTIAAN   DU PLESSIS      13 Mar 2005   MASETI DATABASE   Signup to View

You can sign up for 1 day for $9.95 or a week for $12.95.
The estate number    DU PLESSIS         Cornelius Francois Christiaan         1923-04-18   2005-03-13   Cape Town   5971/2005
Unfortunately this one is not on-line as yest - but if you keep an eye open on familysearch.org it must be coming soon as they have put a place holder on this collection https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/2156332?availability=Family%20History%20Library - once a camera appears next to the film holding the file number you will be able to access it.

The estate file may give you his parents names, children and confirm his spouses as well as his location of birth and death.
Here is Naomi's estate number and a link to the records
DU PLESSIS         Naomi            1999-01-30   Cape Town   1828/99

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSQK-19SL-5?i=390&cat=2156332
Gives her birth location as Bloemfontein and their marriage location as Langlaagte - unfortunatelly does not list her parents but you could look through Bloemfontein Baptisms for

Regards
Gillian
WARR, MAUCHAN, GOWANS,Guest,Whitcomb. Taute, Webb,Pascual