Author Topic: Lila E nee Hayes Wedge b 3 Jan 1921 Michigan  (Read 2428 times)

Offline Cockneyrebel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Lila E nee Hayes Wedge b 3 Jan 1921 Michigan
« on: Tuesday 20 November 18 10:22 GMT (UK) »
This is an odd request, I found the above's birth and marriage date on Anc as well as Findagrave for her burial at Zion Cemetery, Watertown, Sanilac County, Michigan, but can't find out when she actually passed away?
Cr
Rosser, Henderson, Chapman, Clarkson, Harper, Healey, Horth, Page, Bowers, Ritchie, Sheen, Smith and Weymark.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Lila E nee Hayes Wedge b 3 Jan 1921 Michigan
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 20 November 18 11:08 GMT (UK) »
Sometime people put entries on find a grave but leave them open - could she still be living   ???

In the death notice for Harvey Wedge - The Times herald (Port Huron Michigan) - 2 March 2003

Sandusky - Harvey Wedge , 84, died Friday Feb 28, 2003. Survived by wife "L". Services 11 am Wednesday Hacker Funeral Parlors Sandusky. Visitation 2  to 9 pm Tuesday.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline oldohiohome

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 20 November 18 12:13 GMT (UK) »
Their home/property is still owned by Harvey Wedge etal.

Offline Cockneyrebel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 20 November 18 12:40 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Sandra, seems odd to me that Lila is on findagrave but Harvey isn't? I know some people put their names on the loved one's gravestone but with just a dob. Maybe she is still alive.
oldohiohome 'Their home/property is still owned by Harvey Wedge etal.' does that mean that Lila is there or any children own it?
Cr
Rosser, Henderson, Chapman, Clarkson, Harper, Healey, Horth, Page, Bowers, Ritchie, Sheen, Smith and Weymark.

Offline oldohiohome

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 20 November 18 13:09 GMT (UK) »
I can't tell from the record. It just means that someone in the family still owns it. They might even be renting it out for that matter.

Besides L., I found an unrelated person who was registered to vote at that address also. But I'd only be guessing what that means. I'd assume the family held the property for a while, at least since Harvey was alive, so maybe the other person moved in afterward and rents. Or she may be a caregiver. Or a roommate of a family member. Can't tell.

Regarding findagrave: A lot of the memorials are put up there by non family members. So if L's name was on the stone with a birth year only, it just proves that she intends to be buried with her husband.
The unrelated person might make a memorial for her anyway.  I've seen at least one other like that, maybe more.

It's very possible L has died since her husband, she'd be 98 or so, and there just wasn't a death notice. (and the information at findagrave hasn't been updated.) Recent vital records aren't on line. The city or state might search for them for you, but the rules vary from state to state as to who is entitled to the information.

Offline oldohiohome

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 20 November 18 13:12 GMT (UK) »
Do you have the death of L and Harvey's daughter, in 1953?

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QK78-7CXS

Offline Cockneyrebel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 20 November 18 14:37 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much oldohiohome, I didn't know about any of their children so the obit adds 3 more to the family.
Where is Oakwood cemetery?
Cr

Offline oldohiohome

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 20 November 18 14:56 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much oldohiohome, I didn't know about any of their children so the obit adds 3 more to the family.
Where is Oakwood cemetery?
Cr

The child died in Ann Arbor, which is in Michigan.
I googled the name of the newspaper in the margin, Allegan Gazette, which led me to there being a city called Allegan in Michigan. Then googled 'Oakland Cemetery allegan michigan' which got me this:

https://www.findagrave.com/cemetery/2174820/oakland-cemetery

So that would be my first guess.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 20 November 18 15:15 GMT (UK) »
Harvey Wedge does have an entry on FIND A GRAVE without dates

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/161497099

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada