Author Topic: Entering same man with two names and two families at same time  (Read 1563 times)

Offline Kiltpin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stand and be Counted
    • View Profile
Re: Entering same man with two names and two families at same time
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 21 November 18 15:28 GMT (UK) »
@ MaecW,

I was going to let this thread die as the OP seemed to have made his mind up right from the start. But seeing as you chose to respond to one sentence I posted, not once but twice and made assumptions which are totally incorrect, I feel I must respond in kind.

Can you, please, point out in that sentence exactly where I said that anything had to be put on Ancestry?

Information, like a Pound coin, once you give it to someone else is out of your control. It is then in the public domain. That coin could be used to feed a starving man, with others fund research to cure cancer, alleviate suffering, or it could be used to buy drugs, or a prostitute, or bullets, or pay an assassin. Likewise information, once it leaves your hand or lips is free to do and go as it will. It need not be posted up on big billboards and flashing neon signs, but it is still in the public domain.

And as for overreaction, yes I think you are. Nobody accused you of anything, but you took it personally and had to explain yourself and your actions.

To quote Guy, these are "My last comments on the subject."

Regards

Chas
Whannell - Eaton - Jackson
India - Scotland - Australia