Author Topic: Robert Boyd 1890  (Read 1478 times)

Offline Quinco

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Boyd 1890
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 21 November 18 17:51 GMT (UK) »
Whow polarbear thankyou very much. ;D ;D ;D
Quinn,Quin,Kelly,Mallin,Mallon,McIlleney,lennard,(Newmonkland.)Gibson,Boyd,Boyle,Mason,McLeish,Andrew,McNab,Campbell,McNairney,Mullen,Anderson,Forrest,Murphy,Hill,Wilson,(Glasgow,Stevenson)

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 21 November 18 18:37 GMT (UK) »
Do you have an exact date of birth for Elizabeth Crookson McLean ?

Rosie

Offline Quinco

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 21 November 18 18:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rosie, She was born on the 31st August at 50 High Craigends Kilsyth
Quinn,Quin,Kelly,Mallin,Mallon,McIlleney,lennard,(Newmonkland.)Gibson,Boyd,Boyle,Mason,McLeish,Andrew,McNab,Campbell,McNairney,Mullen,Anderson,Forrest,Murphy,Hill,Wilson,(Glasgow,Stevenson)

Offline isobelw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Gran & Granpa Clotworthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 21 November 18 18:59 GMT (UK) »
Robert’s army record indicates he was a Chelsea Pensioner with his pension ending at the time of his death. Chelsea Reg number is 195979. Maybe they would have some information on him.
Clotworthy, McMahon, Saunderson, Culley (Ireland & Scotland)
Weatherall, Greer (Ireland & Scotland)
Hamilton, Johnston, Dawson, Rennie, Wright (Clackmannanshire)

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 21 November 18 19:21 GMT (UK) »
I don't see any sign of the Elizabeth in the USA beyond that possible sighting in 1930. She is not with the Hain family in 1940. I wonder if she might have returned to Scotland? She doesn't seem to be in Canada either.

Then again, there is also the possibility she remarried.

I also don't see any sign of children unless she had 1 or 2 before emigating to Canada and left them behind with family? Scotlandspeople should have a record of any births, I would expect.

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Quinco

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 21 November 18 19:43 GMT (UK) »
Thanks isobelw & PB. I had another look at that letter and wondered if she was a nurse or maybe a patient  at Woodilee Hospital Lenzie I dont know if there was a maternity ward in 1921. Just a thought

Kenny

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 21 November 18 19:43 GMT (UK) »
There is also the possibility that Elizabeth didn't return to Canada from her visit to New Jersey. The 1930 US census has an Elizabeth Boyd widow, age 33, born Scotland, age at first marriage 21, arrived 1923, working as a maid. She is living in Montclair, Essex County, New Jersey, USA.

Her earlier destination of Newark, New Jersey was also in Essex County, New Jersey.

Anyway, food for thought.

PB

Montclair, New Jersey, City Directory, 1931/32 - Elizabeth C wid of Robert  - emp 121 Park Ro
(same as the 1930 census address)

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Quinco

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 21 November 18 19:53 GMT (UK) »
 Thanks *Sandra*

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 21 November 18 21:39 GMT (UK) »
Oh, great find *Sandra*!

Another suggestion.....

Since Robert doesn't appear to have been gone from his home town very long before he appears to have died, I wonder if there might a local newspaper that might have made a mention of his passing?

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.